Have you ever tried online dating?

I have, twice, and it turned out to be a good thing. No bad experiences. How about you? And did it turn out to be a good thing or a bad thing?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I have, and found that my bad experiences far exceeded the good ones. The guys always managed to be VERY needy, and pushy. So I found that if I switch what I'm looking for from "dating" (which is still very casual, who would've thought it would cause SO many problems!) to "networking", I get much more laid back guys. Plus, it takes the pressure off. We can grab a drink and hang out, and if things proceed, then it's fine to date.

But some people attach themselves too soon with people online, and that's dangerous. You don't really know someone after a week of talking on the phone and internet. Don't rush to meet them! The internet has a way of romanticizing everything- and that's not reality.

What Girls Said 10

• i have tried it and it has turned out very well for me, its how I met my current fiancee, but it wasn't the typical online dating site either, we became friends on another site and ended up liking each other over the course of months

• I think I would try it... and I know some are sceptical about it with good reason; but I also think it possible to stay safe and have a good time regardless of what happens.

• i've tried it and I've had success with it.

• see I find it hard to open up online to millions of other people on the site. Girls have it hard. what if its some freak show that like shows up on my door step to rape me. how can you truly tell if its good with out taking that chance. ?

• i have and I'm rlly young at it was okay, I had a few bad experiences, I once dated a guy who cheated on me with 53 other girls

• No, I can't help but think it's a last resort.

• i haven't. me uncle met his current wife online though, seems to be going ok.

• yes I have tried it had good and bad recently good I think I am in love its been six months

• i weird and you don't if there killers or not

• People always say that you don't really know the person you meet online... but guess what? - You don't really know the guy at the club/bar that you just gave your number to either.

• well ya I did try it with this hot amazing guy...money looks and and everything but he turned out to be an as*ho**

• What happened between you two that made you change your mind about him then?

• Well he was very understanding and nice and kind on the internet....so went out on a first date to this fancy place for dinner...which was very great and he started to talk about sex and see where I stand and what's he's getting tonight...so that really p*ssed me off but I thought I could give him another chance...at night he drove me home and he really wanted to have sex that was very obvious but I didn't so he left....at night he called me and started dirty talk with me, it was a huge turnoff

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah, I've tried it. I've had good experiences and bad experiences, just like in classic face-to-face interactions. I'm seeing currently if something good is going to come out of it for me. Really, it's all in how you handle yourself and the situations you find yourself in, just as in the rest of life.

• well every time I tried it, the girls just wanted sex.. So I didn't care, it ended up turning into just a call for sex, it was good :D

• I've had it turn out great and horrible.

I met a girl I went out with for 2 1/2 years and my current girlfriend through a friend online.

I have met a few girls online that turned out to completely suck in person, big let-down. But usually I'm a lot more cautious these days. lol.

• Yes, twice. Only works if those in question are willing to put in effort.

• who is like online dating