88% (14)75% (6)83% (20)Vote
  • Nay (why not)
    12% (2)25% (2)17% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
10|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, why not?

It's more casual and good for that initial getting-to-know-you phase. Plus it's not a huge time commitment in case the date bombs.

Just make sure you go to a really good coffee place. Because at least then you're guaranteed to get good coffee out of the deal.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Yes. You can talk, it's a natural environment, no one is drunk or stones (hopefully) and you can really get to know each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Coffee dates are okay, as long as you both engage in a conversation. It may be awkward for those who are not as talkative. Overall, why not? It could be a great start.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's insulting when somebody asks you for coffee. If it was a real date I'd be interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think coffee is a great first date.

In my experience for a first date, dinner is too stressful and alcohol can turn very unpleasant.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya, it is a good first date.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you make it clear that its a date in the first place, yes!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is a great option

0|0
    0|0
  • Boring date. If a guy asks me for coffee even on a casual first date I decline or I come up with a better idea. Arcade, museum, ping pong, anything but cofee...

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's a good idea :)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Totally, just depends on whether or not y'all like coffee.

I drink the shit black probably every day, but I know people who can't stand it. I don't understand these people.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's acceptable yes, it's on the casual side though.

0|0
    0|0