Coffee date first date: Yay or Nay?

Is going out for coffee an accepable first date or not

• Yay
  • Nay (why not)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, why not?

It's more casual and good for that initial getting-to-know-you phase. Plus it's not a huge time commitment in case the date bombs.

Just make sure you go to a really good coffee place. Because at least then you're guaranteed to get good coffee out of the deal.

What Girls Said 10

• Yes. You can talk, it's a natural environment, no one is drunk or stones (hopefully) and you can really get to know each other.

• Coffee dates are okay, as long as you both engage in a conversation. It may be awkward for those who are not as talkative. Overall, why not? It could be a great start.

• I think it's insulting when somebody asks you for coffee. If it was a real date I'd be interested.

• I think coffee is a great first date.

In my experience for a first date, dinner is too stressful and alcohol can turn very unpleasant.

• Ya, it is a good first date.

• As long as you make it clear that its a date in the first place, yes!

• I think it is a great option

• Boring date. If a guy asks me for coffee even on a casual first date I decline or I come up with a better idea. Arcade, museum, ping pong, anything but cofee...

• Sounds fine.

• it's a good idea :)

What Guys Said 2

• Totally, just depends on whether or not y'all like coffee.

I drink the shit black probably every day, but I know people who can't stand it. I don't understand these people.

• It's acceptable yes, it's on the casual side though.