Will girls automatically assume a guy who lives at home at 23 is a loser or give him a chance?

I'm in Law School and I can barely make end's meet with two jobs on the side. I get along great with my family and my school is only 10 minutes away from their house.

So at 23 I'm living at home again, I enjoy it but some girls I've met not so much.

Do you think this is how it's going to be or are there some girls who could tolerate it.

I realize it's not ideal. If we go back to my house, since it's pretty big, I have a lot of space to my own, but since my parent's and my sister live there chances are we're going to run into them eventually.

Most Helpful Girl

• No times are rough in the American economy and it's kind of do what you gotta do to live. Especially for younger people it can be really rough and at least you're making something of yourself and are employed. They shouldn't be complaining, but obviously they weren't the right girls for you. Now if you had money and opted to live with your parents then I'd think you'd have abandoning the titty issues. I literally knew a guy his parents gave him anything even his 7,000 dollar bail, 26, still decided to live with his parents. I was like where they do this at?

What Girls Said 11

• are you kidding me? you're not only in law school (which is A TON of work) but you have TWO jobs on the side! any girl who can't understand that you're living at home is just looking for money and is NOT worth your time. you're also not "freeloading" off of your parents and actually working your booty off to make money now while in school. i have two degrees, an excellent position and i still live at home (i'm 25) because it makes more sense for me to save my money instead of wasting it on rent. yeah, it's nice to have a place of your own but if someone judges you on that then forget them.
    do yourself a favor and look up statistics for college grads who live at home. it's become the new standard. no it's not ideal, but it's smart, especially in this economy.
    if some girl looks at you differently because you live at home then you need to kick her to the curb because you're clearly ambitious, and they're not looking at you for YOU.

• As long as you're in school I don't think it's a big deal. Girls tend to look down on guys who live at home but aren't really doing anything with their life.

• Wow that is sad. I would be so proud to have a man who is educated and is in law school. I wouldn't care if he lived at home. Now, if he was a loser with only a high school education that worked at Walmart and lived at home at the age of 23 ... That's a different story. One day a girl will appreciate you and what you are doing to be successful in life , and she won't care wether you live at home or not.

• The "losers" that work at walmart are still human beings that deserve respect.

• MaskofInsanity , please pay attention when you are reading others comments. I was not calling everyone who worked at Walmart losers. Do not put words in my mouth telling me who I need to respect, acting like if I called all Walmart employers losers. Because that is NOT what I was saying. I was saying , (here is where you need to pay attention ) , if THE GUY is a LOSER. Not Walmart employees , but THE GUY. Walmart was just some place that popped into my head , as easily as target mcdonalds or Burger King could have popped into my head. It has nothing to do with the employees of any work place. It has to do with THE GUY. Do you understand now? Or must I make myself more clear?

• After reading your comment, I would have gotten the impression that you were calling high school drop-outs losers over Walmart employees. Not that you were calling him a loser for that either. I understand that "loser" implies that he has a poor life attitude and no desire to better himself.

• I would be alright with that. I have three requirements
    I won't date you if:
    a- you can't drive
    b- you don't work or go to school
    c- your into hard drugs

• Well it's understandable, if they're really into you and are normal considerate people they should understand that this is actually reality and it's not like its permanent

• In most cases, it wouldn't be a problem to me. I knew a friend who is also studyingbat law school and live at home at 27.

• It's not a big deal. I know people in their late 20s who still live with their parents. A girl who doesn't understand your situation atm is an idiot. You are in law school, which is a lot of work and two jobs, seriously it's very hard.

• Wouldn't bother me at all

• When my bf was 24 he lived with his gma. I stayed with him and her house seemed haunted lol

• You're doing your best! College-law school-is
    extremely expensive, too.

• Not at all! Kudos to you for being in law school and working two jobs :)

What Guys Said 2

• The kind of girls you want to date will understand why you live at home. Law school is not cheap and in today's economy it is wise to stay home and save money. It's better to make ends meet at home where you have some support rather than trying to make ends meet at your own place with no back up and with a lot on your plate.

The girls who think you're a loser for still being living at home at 23 aren't worth you time and effort. And there are TONS of people who still live at home until they're in their mid-late 20s or even older. There's almost a good reason for this. The only time you should be considered a loser is if you're comfortable mooching off your parents and aren't making any effort to move out or establish yourself which is the complete opposite of what you're doing.

• My advice is not going to be popular. Dude, just date older women. They just want sex, at their place. They'll completely understand that you never have time, they won't want to hang out with you, and they won't need any maintenance.

You're busy building up your life, you can spend time impressing chicks when you have a stable high paying job.

Those girls that don't enjoy it, they don't know what it means to build up a life. They want a dude with a nice apartment, nice car. They want fun and excitement. You can't give that when you're juggling jobs and studies. They want to distract you, and the minute you're down they'll ditch you.