Is it reasonable to not want to date him because he's still good friends with his ex that he lived with?

He's still good friends with her, they used to have a dog but he keeps her. They lived together too. She has a new boyfriend. He talked about her a lot for a long time when we first met. Kept bringing her up saying she screwed up his credit by not paying a bill they had.
He sees her all the time. Again, she's got a new boyfriend.
I don't think I can handle it. In fact, I KNOW I can't. I wouldn't ever ask they stop talking- we aren't even dating but at this point I'm choosing to not get involved in a relationship with him.

Anyone else make this decision?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is perfectly reasonable for you not to date him for that reason. Most people wouldn't feel comfortable with their significant other seeing their ex in person all the time.

What Guys Said 4

• It could be innocent, but it's hard to blame you at the same time.

• I think it's completely reasonable to avoid a bunch of complications in a new relationship.

• They will alwayz be the trust issue

• If you can't handle it, then you can't handle it. Reasonable doesn't enter into it.

What Girls Said 3

• This is weird... and like confusion. He needs to get his self together first. I sense rebound relationship because in some many ways he hasn't let go physically and mentally. And after a break up and distance he would need time to heal. He bringing you baggage and that's the uncomfortable feeling you have. I doubt he realizes he has it ( baggage)...why? Because he still stressing on her. Yeah she has a boyfriend but what if that don't work out and he's still there. The only thing that we are sure of is that they live together. What we are not sure of is she and her boyfriend will stay together , we are not sure that they will not have sex again for convenience. A new relationship should not be plagued with this kind of drama.

• I would probably make the same call. It's good that you're being smart about it and not setting yourself and him up for a ton of drama down the line.

• If you can't handle it, its smart to end it now rather than fall deeper and do it later.