Would you be in a serious relationship with a girl in her 30's?

Hey, I was told in one of my other questions from a guy that men my age would only want a sexual relationship with me and nothing more. Guys, are you only interested in girls in their 20's? Girls, if you are similar age to me and in the dating scene are you finding this to be a problem?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've dated all the above and the are all fantastic in their own ways. If I had to choose, Id prob have to choose 30's. They are more mature, understanding, they seem to try harder to make their guy happy and they don't get all pissy about little things that don't matter. Of course, Im not saying all girls in their 20's are that way. (if I don't say that, Ill get in trouble) I totally date you, any day!! ;)

• Awww. Thanks.

• You are not old! Ill bet im older and I feel and act like im 20 lol. Except the bad things about being 20, then I act my age. That's another advantage. Well I hope you can decide what you should do and be comfortable with it. I know how you feel, I've been there and it does suck. Just remember, there's plenty of guys out there that would chase you. Even some (like me) like girls that are even a little older.

• I'll keep you in mind Anonymous. Thanks.

What Guys Said 28

• Guys I knew who were dating in early 30's often stated they'd prefer girls in their 20s, were done dating girls in 30's, etc.

However that was the theory, not reality, they dated hot early 30's women all the time, and in some cases married. But if you asked them what they'd like if they were picking, they'd pick younger.

• I don't think your challenge will be age. You look pretty young, so you're more than fine there. The bigger issue for many guys will be kids.

• We married at 25 (both) and are way older now thus the answer is "been there, done that"

If I was considering any kind of interaction with a woman, I appreciate the minds of 30-40yo adult women more than 20 yr olds (or younger)
    Concerning looks, it would depend only on the woman.

• Sure, I don't see any problem with being in a serious relationship with a girl in her 30s. I can't see why there would be.

• I'd prefer a woman in her mid to late 20's simply because a woman in her 30's is more likely to want marriage and family really quickly.

Also, to be totally honest, I'm 31 and I just wouldn't feel right being with someone much older than me. I know it's an outdated antiquated social construct, but I just like being the older one.

• It really depends. I've had mixed experiences talking with women close to that age (like high 20's and up). Biggest issue I had is that a lot of them have mentally laid out how they insist the relationship will go before the first date and it's kinda scary. Like 1 I talked to off match.com on the phone ranted to me about her ex (common issue I run into!) then said she wanted a partner to move in with and how she wants to live together and split the bills exactly which way, etc and I was just sitting there on the phone thinking "what the hell?" because we haven't even met.

• I'm not much interested in any woman who's less than 30 years old.Even in my early 30s, I wouldn't take a woman under 25 seriously.
    Many won't believe me, but women are at their best at about 40 (provided they're in reasonable shape).Most men will find that out sooner or later.I don't think you've got any problem.

• just as a thought maybe its not just younger and better. it might also be younger and less judgey?

i would happily date someone my own age, if they wanted to date me. i stayed a student for probably too long, and for the most part am enjoying wandering through life trying to find where i fit in. and its quite difficult to find a woman my own age still doing the same thing, or ok with the fact that im still doing it.

• I'm about to be 24 but I prefer girls older than me. I'm not looking to date anyone now but I think girls my age are still too young. My preferred age range is from 28-34. I'm waiting till I'm that age as well. I think that is when girls are more like women and not silly little girls. 20s are still too young.
    Most men might like younger women because they're just thinking about the body. I'd prefer someone who is mentally more mature. A hot mature lady in her late twenties early thirties seems ideal to me. Anyway just my thoughts. I might change mind when I actually get older I don't know.

• I feel the same way about men my age. I'll be 23 this year and I swear all of the guys act like 17 year olds that just want to party.

• Girls mature earlier than boys, studies show their brain develops earlier. I don't think girls my age are like 17 year olds. but I still think they are young. I might make an exception if I find one mature and lovely. But until then I'll wait.

• Although I'd prefer a girl in her mid/late 20s, if you're attractive and have a compatible personality, I'm not going to say no over a number.

• Women like you during the ages are inclined to settle down. Therefore, for the men out there who only want sexual relationship are just typical playmate and nothing more. Also, men during 30s are supposed to be more matured.

• Is it stupid to think that men are less eager to date seriously in their thirties since there's no biological clock ticking I don't know.

I feel like in HS / college guys have a way harder time dating and at some point it shifts. I'm not sure though since I'm not at that age but honestly finding the 'one' is one of the hardest things at any age

And by the way you look drop dead gorgeous and could easily pass as a girl from my college :)

• Your age? why not? the answer you received there was an individual opinion and probably a myopic one :)

And one who looks the way you do for sure!

And that's not cause I'm older I'd say the same for sure when I was 20 too :)

• Well I'm in my mid-20's and would love to be in a serious relationship with a girl (lady?) in her 30's. I like females who are in their 30's and 40's. Girls in their 20's are good too but I was surprised how many of them actually have not matured.

• I think we are still considered girls...well I call myself one anyways!

• Ouch! What did I do? :(

• Sorry it was the madam thing ;). I'm just kidding. ..sarcasm doesn't go over too well in type!

• Yes if there's attraction

• Sure...but I'm in my 40s.

• What question is this? What has age to do with anything unless maybe you are immature/underaged?

Sounds like the guy basically said that you are only good for sex in his eyes which had nothing to do with your age.

• I'm only interested in girls under 20. If I were date someone my age, it would be for 99% non-sexual reasons.

• You only date 18 and 19 year olds, then? Why is that?

• Not completely, but it is a factor for sure!

• Haha I see. Well good luck :)

• Hell I had this thing with my maths teacher in high school. Aha When I passed that, I called her and we "hooked up" twice or thrice but then never really talked or called each other so. She was 28ish, But yea Id have never started relationship with her lol

• I prefer younger girls, physically wound not be able too with girl over 23, would have to be entirely non sexual relationship and would never i repeat never take her out on a romantic meal type date, would just be too friends hanging out

• you're fucking gross!! it says you're 30-35 yet you won't date under 23? sick bastard!! how immature as fuck can you get? superficial arsehole!...and how would you know the girls under 23? there are a lot of 30 year olds who look in their early twenties...you're a sad old man and you'll be alone forever if you keep seeing women in this way! sorry, GIRLS...I think I threw up a bit in my mouth reading your comment...

• Rachel19 I think I just threw up a little too!

• DAMM i didint know there were so many petifiles walking around this earth..i hope their daughthers bring home a Hugh Hefner type..and i want to watch their reactions LOL

• dear...not all of them..

• Good to know.

• Holding back?

• ahhhhhhh...

• I would probably date women 30-40 years old. I tend to get a lot of compliments from older women, and since girls my age seem to find me ugly I'd have no problem personally

• No whoever said that is not speaking for the majority of men. I love women of all ages. 23 to 43 is fine.

• I would be in one with you if interested in talking more and seeing what happens let me know and I will send you a personal message

• Ummm - I think I would be a cougar for you. NOt really sure I am into that. You're cute :)

• age doesn't matter lol haha seriously my gpa on my dad's side his second wife is the same age as my dad and he's about the 3rd born of 4 lol my gma and gpa on my mom's side had 12 years between them

• That's crazy! Age shouldn't make a difference! Besides girls in there 30s are generally more assertive, confident, know what looks good on them and also are more confident in bed too!

• What? lol That's retarded! If anything, guys would just want a sexual relationship with a girl in her 20s. No offense, but let's not bullshit ourselves, you looked better in your 20s than you do in your 30s. Again, that's not to say you look bad now, but I'd rather bang Svetlana "Sveta" Bilyalova than Olgforta Oldwomanova - if you know what I mean.

That being said, it begs the question of "WHY" I would even bother talking to a girl in her 30s. Maybe I'm looking to raise money in a new business and I want her money. Maybe I'm looking to hire her. But if it's not for business, and it's certainly not for sex, then. . . (drum roll) . . . it's probably because there's a connection there. In other words, I'm not just looking for something pretty to massage my d*ck once in a while.

That being said, you'd have to consider who this girl is. Did she formerly work for NASA, co-found a biotech company that's making lab-created tissues for patients, and pursuing her Ph.D, all before she's even turned 30, PLUS is thin and attractive? (see, www.nature.com/.../nj7482-251a ), then sure, please sign me up (i.e., that's clearly not just for sex). But if the most she's done with her life is made two sex tapes and finished her B.A. in B.S. Studies, you best believe it's probably just for the sex, and only because the guy in question isn't loaded enough to bang higher quality p***y (i.e., 18-23 year olds).

• I did look better in my 20's but I still look better than a lot of 20 year olds. I haven't worked at NASA though so I might be screwed!

• I'm turned on by older, mature women. Had a relationship with a woman in her 40s and it was hottttt. These women are mature, smart and devoted. Consequently, the sex is great too.

• No I'm not just interested in girls that are in there 20's

• That's probably because you are young enough to date teenagers-lol!

• I'm sure there are guys that would date women in the 30's though

What Girls Said 6

• OMG so not true!! Of course some guys want younger girls cause they are easier to fool but lol some men are not like that.

• Nah. I could care less about my age. I've got my own advantage against younger girls with regards to wisdom, flare, and experiences. So if I've got my own charms to find a man, why should I be insecure? Just trust your intuition, and give things a little bit of time. You'll eventually find your answer.

• Thanks. You are too young to have to worry yet!

• Haha. You'd be surprised how many nieces and nephews I already have. I'm slowly getting there and I'm really psyched to see what it has in store.

• i don't tell my real age because everyone thinks i'm 18-22. it's better that way since i haven't matured emotionally past 17.

• Nope, not a problem.

• I feel like it's more about how you look than how old you are. If you're 32 but look 25 they probably won't care

• Now that's a male perspective I can appreiciate!

• totally agree

• I'm 28 and in the dating scene and i feel some what he same way. They are looking for some one younger and better. It feels like they are always moving on to the next best thing.

• As a guy, there's always new girls growing up. As a woman, the guys you want are dying off every day. Depressing stuff.

• That sucks that you are having those problems at 28. Good luck out there!