Have been dating a girl for five weeks but she seems to be pulling away. What should I do?

I met the girl I'm currently seeing about two months ago and have been dating for about 5 weeks. We've been out 6 or 7 times and always enjoyed ourselves. I've paid for all the dates except for one, opened doors, bought flowers and have been in touch regularly. She's a very busy person and basically has a day and now night job. This wasn't an issue in the past but all of the sudden she says she doesn't have time to hang out regularly anymore. She seems more distant and pulling away. She called 4 days ago to basically say she's too busy to regularly see me and since that time I've been giving her space. She did send an email after three days to say she was thinking of me and I replied in kind. What do I do now? Should I give her space and not try to pursue? Should I test the waters and communicate more regularly?

How long should I wait before I get in touch? It's been 4 days since she called and a day since we exchanged short emails.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm give her some space maybe and see what happens. Will she write you? What does she say? If nothing comes from her, call her and have a talk with her. A relationship needs communication and maybe you guys need to sort some things out and talk about what to do and how its all going to continue! Good luck!

What Girls Said 1

• i'd say give her space and let her search for you herself. us girls can pull away sometimes and if you do the same she's going to wonder 'what did i do'. when you didn't call her she called you after three days. maybe she expected you are going to pursue you and it was the good thing you didn't. it's human nature to want what we can't have or what is temporary taken from us. i know i sometimes do those things as a girl, so basically behave like you already did and let her 'be in charge'. good luck :)

• Actually she didn't call me she emailed after 3 days. Basically she said she was thinking about me and I responded in kind.

What Guys Said 2

• Give her space and go find another girl to pursue as well.

• You were smothering her. She needed space, you needed to look less desperate and less clingy.