How long after a break up do you start looking for someone new? A month, 3 months or more?

I broke up with my boyfriend a week and 4 days ago. I think 3 months is a good time for me to work on myself and then go back into the dating world. What do you think? Can I still sign up for dating sites, but just talk to guys and not meet them in person yet?
I'm so new to this.

Most Helpful Girl

• I waited a year after my train wreck of a relationship... But everyone's pace is different. It just happened to take a long time for me to meet the guy who could get me to open up.

What Guys Said 7

• Last time I was single, I was single for under 2 hours.

I wouldn't go on a dating site if you're not willing to go for a date, though plenty of people do just go on for the attention.

• I am willing to go for a date. Only guys that hit me up so far are guys that live several states away from me. I just don't do long distance.

• Immediately.

• Same week, I'll be open to suggestions... and surprised to always find one.

• I don't know, how bad did they hurt you? Do you want to I guess is the most important question here. Obviously they hurt you, and if you are not a wreck emotionally, I would say go for it if you want it, it isn't going to hurt anyone.

• Not bad. He said that he just needs to work on himself and what he wants. I cried for 4 days. But now I'm over it.

• as long as it takes to get over her

• Yeah, That's what my family told my cousin, he broke up with someone just like you, most recently, all he could ever do was or is talk about her, she really did a number on him. Anyway, You should just give it time, maybe a few months to a year; if not by then a year tops. Just date, but nothing too serious.There is dating sites like match.com, christianmingle.com if you are a christian and believe in finding other singles just like you and then there is eharmony.com, try these. Your last statement is a bit one-off. Why? You ask? Okay, because at some point, you will want to meet, who you talk to, online or over the phone, over the phone a little better, I see your point, don't just meet anyone in person, you just talk to, these days, some folks are a little off, Oh, You said, not meet them in person, yet. Well, Give it time.

• Rebound range is immediate to about 2-3 months after. Then the regret period sets in and it screws everything up even more.

What Girls Said 1

• I recover one or two months