Whats the best/nicest way to tell a guy no?

I just feel like I have an issue being too nice I always end up having trouble turning down guys I am not really interested in. I don't lead them on, I just feel bad friend zoning them. How do you do that without ruining the friendship?

Most Helpful Guy

• there's apparently no other ways..its hurtful to get turn down but that feeling will eventually fade with times. Dont overthink it, say whats best for u. I would feel like crap within days, weeks, or month but that will feeling will leave ne after sometimes so yeah..

What Guys Said 9

• Its hard to do. Guys a lot of times don't want to be friends they want more than that. They don't want to eventually see you with someone else and feel bad. I don't know what else to say other than just be honest and tell them. I had this happen once and she just came right out and said, I like you a lot but I really don't see this being more than we already are (which was friends). The earlier you do it in the relationship, the better. Don't even give them a chance to ask you out. After she did that, it didn't really hurt and I really respected her for being so honest and up front. Its much easier for both of you if that's the way its handled.

• thanks :) I like hanging out with guy friends and don't want to lose that!

• yeah I totally understand. I like hanging out with friends that are girls and it is difficult sometimes not to start wanting more from them or them from me. So ya

• How about "I am sorry I cannot possibly fit something of that size in me. That is the biggest I have ever seen"

• Say something like, "I think you have a very nice personality, but you smell like a goats loaf"

• The nicest way I was ever told no was an Irish woman who said, 'I'm just a mammy darning socks.."

• If it's really 'NO', say it as clearly as you can. Don't keep the guy on a burner for months or years. Ahatt hurts guys more than having to move on.

• There is no friendship most of the time. Him auditioning to be your bf may be very pleasant but he's not going to do it forever.

• It can be hard. Girls often never come right out and say directly that they are interested. They're indirect the whole time and it pisses me off because I can never just directly say no thanks. Best thing is just to say you're not interested in anything romantic with them but you'd like to be friends. Then let them decide what they will do.

• alright, thanks :) I just really don't want to be a bitch and lead him on

• You can't be too nice. Because people can be really dogged in their pursuit of people they like. You have to just shut them down hard.

• ok :P this will not be fun, ill just try and not be a bitch though because some girls are ridiculously mean about it

• I always find a blow job helps soften the blow of rejection - maybe you should consider helping minimize the emotional scars left by your non-mutual attraction with some sympathy sucky sucky?

• yeah that might just give the wrong idea

• That's too much. A clear 'NO' is better in the long run.

• I'm not sure I agree with either of you. A cold no could potentially cause physiological damage to the poor kid which would probably take months if not years to recover from. Whereas if you throw a sympathy blowjob into the equation, it doesn't make it perfect... but hey, it's better than nothing.

"I'm sorry I've just kicked you in the balls, but why not lay back, close your eyes... and let me lick it better... humm yeah, oh, yes... gulp...
      ... shall we get pizza?"

• If they dont respect your polite, oh i had no idea im very flattered but im really not in the market at the moment, then they aren't friends me dear!

What Girls Said 2