Is it normal to want space in a relationship?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for a few months and see each other a few times a week. He stayed over last night, and we did plan for him to stay again tonight but I feel like I need some space, and me time. I am very happy with him and enjoy spending time with him but I also like spending time by myself. Just want a nice chilled night on my own with a few movies and glass of wine and it is very rare I get some time like this to myself.
He thinks it's because I'm not really bothered about him anymore just because I don't wanna see him two nights in a row.
Who do you think is right? Me for wanting some alone time or him for thinking I don't care?

• Occasionally, It's nice to have your own space and time in a relationship
  • A relationship means seeing each other whenever possible and not wanting to be alone

Most Helpful Girl

• i especially want this when im shopping.
    like stop following! give me some damn space! i dont wanna see you huff and puff either >:[
    i actually dont mind seeing him everyday, we've done it before. but we dont spend every second of it together, we still had space. we just like each others company. he'd play his game and id do some crafty thing. its not cause im sick of him, we have different interest and we just want some time with it :/

What Guys Said 2

• space is needed in any relationship, my ex didn't believe in that, she would even follow me into the bathroom, I couldnt even breathe.

• YES it is part and parcel of good healthy relationship. Otherwise...

• Thank you, just didn't wanna come across as unreasonable and make sure it wasn't just me :/

• Your welcome ;-)

What Girls Said 2

• I think only if the other person is REALLY clingy, and you might not want too much of a serious relationship

• It's totally normal and healthy to desire time away from your partner. I think it'd be rude to cancel plans already made though, that could also hurt and confuse him. I say don't cancel plans, and when tomorrow night comes up, just tell him nonchalantaly that you're going to chill at home alone.