is he interested or just being flirty?

hi guys:),
I'm 16 and there is this boy that I recently really started to like, we are pretty close as friends but lately he has started doing little things that he didn't before. he'll give me hugs and rock back and forth not letting me go and the more I laugh the longer he hugs me, he asks me for kisses all the time even in front of his friends, (which i thought maybe he was making fun of me because he always says it in a joking way) he picks me up and spins around and sneaks up on me in the hallways and gives me behind surprise hugs, also one of his friends told me he talks about me all the time. Now, I know this sounds a lot like he is really interested but the thing that stumps me is the question: is this a way of just flirting or is he genuinley interested in me? what do you think?

thanks:)

• he's interested
  • just being flirty
if it helps, he did this a long time ago as well, but I got into a relationship with someone else then he altogether stopped talking to me now that I have ended my relationship he again started acting like this best answer gets a message and follow

Most Helpful Guy

• Well to me him flirting is being interested in you. He definitely likes you and you seem to like him so there is your answer. Just see where it goes from there. It is true I have girls I flirt with that will never be anything more, but if your both having fun and like being with each other, then who cares? One more thing when someone jokes about something, especially like that, there is an 80% chance that is really what they want and are just downplaying it bc other people are around.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say he likes you, but you also have to take into consideration how he treats other women--I have a huge crush on this guy, but unfortunately he flirts with EVERYONE, so the way he treats me is the same as any other, what we have is nothing special. Why not flirt back? If you like him, there's no harm in letting him know you do. You never know, things could develop ;)

• well, latlely I have been flirting back and it seems to make him smile, I notice all the time that he'll go to his locker (and when I see him I got to mine even if I don't need anything because our lockers are right beside eatchothers;) and he'll stay there and chat with me even if he doesn't need anything and he still stays behind even if his friends leave but yeah that makes sense thanks! :)

What Guys Said 6

• He wants a girlfriend

• he wants something with you

• Yeah, he's quite a confident guy - definitely interested. I mean, picking a girl up? And if he's talking about you all the time. Yeah, I think he definitely likes you.

Another sign is he stopped doing it when you were in a relationship. Then started doing it again after you ended your relationship, which means that now he thinks he has a chance again. Why else would he be flirting again?

• he hasmt started picking me up again yet but he used to and then after my relationship he acts kinda shy but before we acted like best friends he is slowly starting to do things again because it has only been recent that I ended my relationship but yes thanks I really hope its because he likes me:)

• He is definitely really interested

• Dude, he totally digs you lol.

• MH gains your love and adoration? Oh sweet.

What Girls Said 1

• Scenario: You are in a room with his friends and a bunch of other girls. Who is he talking to (besides his bros) --if he seeks you out, even among the attention of other available women, then it's a sure sign he's interested. It's pretty easy to tell if you analyze a man for surface value--women tend to think too much. Just go with what you see. worse comes to worst, its all just a big flop (hell, saves you the trouble of having to think about it all the time)