Is not dating normal?

I am a 20 year old male, and I feel like a huge loser 24/7 because I don't date. Its not that I don't want to, its because I rarely meet new girls, and the girls I already know, I am not interested in. I really want to date, and it drives me crazy that I have no one to ask out on a date. So my question is, how many other guys/girls are in this same situation? Or do some of you not date for other reasons? Is it normal to be stuck in this situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry about it! Dating is really specific to our modern US and to a lesser degree European cultures and reflects a lack of community and family ties...I think it's abnormal in the context of human history, and unhealthy.

Many cultures have no such thing as our 'dating' and they are doing better than we are in terms of quality of life!

And they don't worry about being abnormal because of it!

Try making friends with women as much as you can but don't try to hard to get romantic unless it's mutual, and spontaneous...

What Girls Said 2

• I'm in the same situation you are. I don't date because I don't ever meet guys. I went to a small high school, and now I don't know where to go to meet guys. I just hope that next year when I go to the public senior high, and a community college I can get over being shy and meet some people. Though it would be nice to not have to wait that long. So no, you aren't the only one :)

• I'm also in the same situation. For me, guys I know are just plain not my type. And still being in high school, I doubt guys I've met are ready for a serious relationship. I don't intend to date someone I don't like or get hurt later on. It's normal to still not date if the right person hasn't appeared in your life. Maybe you should get your friends to ask their girlfriends to make a double date for you and someone else. Who knows, maybe you'll meet someone you like~ :)

What Guys Said 4

• Don't feel like a loser, because you're not. I didn't have my first date until I was 20 - I worked through and overcame shyness-related issues, but also it was because I didn't meet any women that I really had those feelings for yet at that time. My advice would be to try and go out different places than you usually would, or perhaps with a different group of friends - in other words, do something out of the ordinary, break the routine. Talk to different girls while you're out there, and who knows, you just might end up meeting a good candidate for your first date. Best of luck, sir.

• Do you what you feel is right. There's no rule that's going to apply to everyone in the world nor is there some age where it suddenly becomes unusual that you haven't started looking. Different people have different priorities.

If you want to date, then get out there and meet them. It can be anywhere. If you're not comfortable cold approaching then try dancing classes or other activities that you might be interested in which also have a high number of girls there.

• Don't worry about it dude, because relationships can end up hurting. I got to go out with my dream girl for 3 months just to get dumped at the start of my summer vacation with no explanation...In my heart I deeply cared for her, but at the same time the pain makes me wish I never met her...

• Don't feel bad. I'm 28 and haven't dated yet. I've got the time, I just haven't really been looking right now. And despite what society thinks, you can be any age, and have never dated, and in my book, you're not a loser. So, chin up.