Is it conceited/rude/bad/mean/stuck up to not want to date guys that aren't as smart as my?

I get that school smarts don't actually represent how smart a person is all the time, but I get A's and school is so EASY I don't get why people get anything below a B. High school has always been so easy! I feel like if you get Cs or below, you probably aren't a person I want to be around. It seems super stuck up as I say it, but being around those that aren't on my academic level makes me feel weird.

I have liked many guys that aren't on my academic level and if we are in the same class and they aren't doing well, it's an automatic turn off. If we never talk about school anything then I don't care how he does because I can ignore it.

I am a senior now and it's been like this for my entire high school life. Am I stuck up?

Most Helpful Girl

• Its fine. I used to like a guy but the more I got to know him I realized he wasn't as smart as me. We would constantly text and he would misspell words, which I found highly unattractive. He wouldn't use proper grammar or complete sentence. I felt like I had to dumb my words down so he could understand me.

What Guys Said 9

• Grades don't necessarily reflect intelligence. I didn't get very good grades either but my IQ is in the top 5%. I just was so bored I didn't know what to do with myself. I understand wanting to date someone that is intelligent so maybe the two of you would maybe be interested in similar things but don't put much weight on what grades people get. When I was in school, if a teacher gave me an assignment that was a waste of my time, I just didn't do it but I still made sure I got at least a "C" in that class. I just didn't care about grades in the least. High school to me was just a pain in the ass to get out of the way so I could do my own thing and I have been quite successful at it. There is nothing wrong with wanting to date someone that is not a dunce but don't over look a great person cuz they have a "C" in one class.

• It shows that you're not as smart as you think you are.

• You're entitled to have your preferences when choosing partners. Although I wouldn't make the automatic assumption that getting good grades in school makes you smart or someone else not as smart.

• I'm aware that grades don't always truly show how smart someone is, but school is so easy, it's mostly do the work and get the grade. It docent take much so those who can't do well make absolutely no sense to me.

• If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, you will find that many aren't that bright.

• aren't as smart as your what?

but seriously, i just wouldn't worry about it in high school. It's a good time to get to know the 'bad boys' if you are so inclined, but if not don't worry: the bottom drops out in college.

• Oops, phone decided to auto correct "me" to "my" sorry about that

• As a male I don't feel the same way. But the fact some women do has helped my love life.

• College is harder than high school. It depends on what you take. I got an a in all my philosophy classes but it's almost impossible to get that in my biology, chemistry, and physics classes. I got A in some of my math classes. Also the professor may just not easily give out A's even if you're "intelligent". School is not about being easy it's about learning. I guarantee if you're only used to school being easy you will not have a good education and not get far in life.

• That is very shallow if you see them as inferior

• It's normal.

• It would bother me to date someone that is not intelligent. I don't want them spreading their dumb genes to my potential kids if we get married.

What Girls Said 2

• No, it's not. Anyway they don't have to know they're dumb. (lol)

• everyone has standards, why not?