What do you think about on-and-off relationships?

I see them as people who want to be in a relationship for the sake of it but don't truly love each other. Do you agree/disagree? What are your thoughts? Why do you think people stay in relationships like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends but most the time I think they're two people that genuinely like or love each other, but just don't function well as a couple as much as they'd both like it to. In some cases I think you could be right with the whole wanting a partner/not wanting to be single - but more often I find those to be the people that jump from one 2 month 'relationship' into another, then into another, then into another.

What Guys Said 2

• relationships like this are showing gaps, problems if you like in the relationship, and unless these gaps are addressed the first time they split, then they will continue to split until one finds someone who fills those gaps for them, x

• I know people that are just with each other for the sake of it. Everyone deserves to be happy , if your not happy you should end it!

What Girls Said 3

• I've seen different cases, like one of my friends.She just got in a relationship with a guy who she didn't even like because she was so desperate and sad for not having a boyfriend, which in my opinion is pathetic. But in the case you mentioned, I don't see the point in going on again if you don't like each other at least.It's just waste of time.Sometimes it's better to be alone.

• i see them as people who love each other too much to let go

• I agree with you but there might be other reasons, like they don't like break-ups or are scared what the other person will act like if they officially break up.