Older women, with younger guys?

* Please explain, but at the least. Vote on poll!

Just curious what older women think of younger guys.

You always see young girls with older guys, but vise versa is much less common.. I am not talking like 40 and 18.. I am more talking maybe a 20 year old guy and a 27 year old woman.

So if you are 25-30, would you date a younger man, if he had some good values and was mature for his age?

Just curious.

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• When I was 20 I was dating a 18. He had morals nice guy but he wasn't really serious about the relationship. I was kinda shy to say I was older than him. But it all depends if you are mature for your age and if you don't look like your age why not? Now I'm 21 and my recent bf 23 I think I like older man. But it was a good experience dating younger guys.

• That isn't really fair for guys that are currently my age, but I guess when I am 27 dating a 23 year old it could be good, I guess.. but older women seem to be more stable.

• Oh wow she is so older than you! Well then if she is interested in you go ahead an date the woman goodluck

• Well, when we talk, she seems concerned with age, almost like she's trying to convince herself. It's weird because we aren't even remotely romantic at all.. Perhaps she is thinking about it though? Lol.

• Don't women date younger guys for the sex? That's the only reason why you would see me with a younger guy. We wouldn't have anything in common.

• At your age you are probably right. I've dated one older woman, +3 years is all but she was great and we got along very well. It wasn't about the sex at all.

• i'm 27 and my boyfriend is 21. we've been together for more than a year.
    he's a very special boy ♡(*´∀`*)

• i don't need maturity. the charm of young men is their youthfulness and boyish spirit.

• Well I for one couldn't stand being called a boy. 21 is classfied a grown man, and he can even drink in the states! lol.

• i call every male under 30 a boy. i just dislike the terms guy and man.

• I said A. Im not that old yet, but right now my bf is younger than me and I have no problem with it cause he is mature and also he was and is my best friend

• Explain, how old are you and him? When you are young, small gaps can be pretty significant sometimes.

• I'm 18 and he's 16.

• I fully intend on being a cougar when I'm older (if I'm single then). So, yes. If he's attractive and mature, I don't see why not.

• I like older guys. But once I was interested in a guy younger than me he was 18 and I'm 21. I felt like it wouldn't have worked out.

• Hmm, interesting.. 3 years really isn't that big.. but at that age it can be I suppose.

• Well he is in high school and I will be going to college. I want a guy who is in college or has already graduated.

• Not really. They're just eye candy for me. Their emotional experiences are too shallow for me.

• That's too bad, not all of us are a bunch of idiots driven purely by horomones, but I understand lol! Thanks for the input.

• Lol, maybe if you had to drive him around and change his diapers, but what if he was in control of things. Then perhaps it would feel normal, and right.

• If he has no career or lived out of home before, i'd feel like the mother around him.

• I would date guys who are 1-3 years younger at this age, but no if you're talking about a much younger guy like 7 years younger as mentioned in your question because many of them are so immature and are not done playing around. A guy who's "mature for his age" would still be way immature compared to women who're 25-30. I would probably be dating guys who are 7 years younger when I'm 40 though because guys "generally" become more mature by the time they hit 30.

• "Playing around" as in with girls? So a young guy has no chance, even if he displays that he is confident and knows what he wants, and shows interest in you? Genuine interest, not play around and be done type, but long-term. I ask this question because a 27 year old woman I know sure seems a lot more stable than the 20 year olds I know, hopping from guy to guy.

• If you two share the same sense of priorities in life, it might work, but a 27-year-old woman probably won't feel secure enough or be able to communicate well enough to be with a 20-year-old. I was with a guy 3-year younger when I was 25. He knew what he wanted and was confident, but still it felt like I was babysitting him at times. So unless you are way more mature beyond your age or she is immature for her age (which doesn't seem like so from what you said), it might not work out well. Another thing to concern for long-term is that whether she wants to admit or not, the biological clock is ticking, and are you ready to settle down in the coming few years?

• A lot of younger guys I know are more immature. If the woman just wants fun, she might go for a younger guy, but if she wants a relationship or a future and stability, she most likely go for an older man.

• Well I don't get along with guys my age, I find 90% of them to be idiotic.. so I can understand what you mean. I don't really care for women my age either, which is why I ask lol..

What Guys Said 4

• 20 -> 27 is kind of weird. Probably because I still looked like I was in my late teens. That probably goes for most. Unless you're into that sort of thing.

• I am 20 she is 27, but the thing is.. The girl I am into is Japanese, and they age totally different.. Lol.

• I've dated one older woman-only 3 years-older 29 and 32 but it was great, loved every moment of it.

• Women loves fun and young guys have lot of fun..

• Older women usually don't take us seriously, but maybe they ought to. We're tired of the games and narcissistic BS that younger women pull.