COULD have my first date ever tomorrow. I am 16; she is 14/15. Help an inexperienced guy out?

Well there's this girl I met at the tennis club a few weeks ago and ever since we have made small talk on many occasions and I have given her a lot of compliments. Saying things like, "You look cute in that jacket," or, "I like your headband. It makes you look nice."

Today at lunch, we coincidentally made eye-contact and I was smiling and she threw me a smile and a wave. Then after lunch, I asked her how she was and stuff and how her weekend was, and then after that I asked, "So, would you be interested in having lunch together sometime?" and she was like, "Uhh...maybe...sure..." and here is where I made a mistake. I didn't know how to react, so I said, "Alright then, I will see you tomorrow."

I know - that was clumsy. I am thinking though, tomorrow if I see her before lunch, I will tell her that I will see her at lunch, and that will let me know if that "maybe" was a "yes" or a "no".

If I don't, I will just ask her if she wants to sit with me at one of the high tables (we have high tables at our school for small groups of people (2 or 3)).

But anyway, regardless, if in case it's a "yes", I was wondering if I could have some tips on how to act during the date and what I should talk about. I think I will be fine as far as physical contact goes. I will just be playful with her (but won't kiss her of course - I mean we're having lunch for heaven's sake). It's mainly the talking part I am a little worried about. Should I just talk about my daily life and ask about hers and what we have been up to and our "mini-rants" like, "Oh I totally bombed that history test yesterday," and maybe talk about family, our hobbies/interests, and stuff of the like?

The other thing is my problem is I am not really funny or anything - at least I don't think. And I don't really have this "personality", nor have I found myself yet. I am still a "work in progress" as far as becoming a real man goes. So yeah.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just try to relax. Be funny but not obnoxious- that's vague sorry. Eye contact & light physical contact are a must if you really like her.

• Seriously just try to touch people more. Like on the arm or whatever. It's such a fucking challenge but boy does it do wonders. Oh and it has to be genuine!

• So should I do nothing at the beginning of lunch tomorrow? Or should I as a last try, go over to her and say, "So what do you say?"

• I would just keep it at "Hey, how are you? " for now and see what she says.

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's the thing. You already have mad game for a sixteen year old so don't worry about it. Talk about whatever it is, sixteen year olds talk about. Like a kid that died at a crazy concert or rave or something like that. Could be anything, as long as it's a fun topic. Don't talk about how lunch tastes, how her day was, that's boring. Talk about teachers you hate, students you hate or like, who's hot or not, music, crazy stuff that happened at school like someone got pantsed in front of gym class. I can tell you are a thinker, you're an intelligent logical kid. And you're nervous because you think too much. For this time, you need to do the opposite, and not think and talk about fun stuff. That's the best advice I can give you. Your friend and pal baddy2shoos. Done.

• "Mad game"? Really? I mean, so many other people have girlfriends and have kissed and stuff. I have never been on a date and have been rejected twice before.

But anyway, thanks for the advice.

• Sixteen is about the average age of getting a girlfriend and being kissed. That's when it happened to me! And I've had plenty of girlfriends after that. You're selling yourself short. You already know how to seduce a girl with compliments heh heh. Rejection is normal, many girls will not be interested or aren't looking for something, it's nothing personal. I've been rejected thousands of times, you'll figure out it's okay to not be interested in someone. But out of those thousands of rejections I've had about 33 partners in about seven years. I'm turning 24. The main reason is you're an intelligent logical thinker. Sex and relationship takes primal instincts and emotion rather than logic. Good luck my friend, keep on movin'

What Girls Said 1

• Be yourself, dont be over confident. Compliment her and listen to what she has to say. Find a common interest you can talk about...films, music, sports and remember she will be feeling as anxious as you are now.

• Sorry, commented on wrong post.

What Guys Said 5

• Exactly right, kid. Just treat her as you would a guy, conversation-wise.

You got it. Go with it.

• Don't kiss on the first date
    No holding hands

• Are u going to bang her?

• Totally. I am going to get that b*itch's number and call her up late at night and be like, "You want some D?"

(Just kidding of course)

• Nah just invite her over for a movie and cuddle with her then make out with her and take it from there

• Bring all your childhood toys in a bag.

• No matter what, don't ask her about her tail until date 2.