How old is too old for a mature 19 year old to date?

I am 19, turning 20 in a couple of months and have always been told that I am mature for my age.

I want to date a man who is a little bit older than me so that he is around the same maturity level as me, but I was wondering, what is too old and what is acceptable? For any guys on this website, when thinking about dating a girl, how much younger than you would you feel comfortable with?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am 26 and I have always based dating on maturity level rather than actual age. I am in a relationship now but if I were single I would have no problem at all dating a mature 19 year old. If both people are happy then age doesn't matter in my opinion. I have seen tons of successful relationships that involved large age gaps.

What Guys Said 10

• I would say approaching 30 would be the limit, but it depends on the people involved, I guess.

• 26 would be about ideal, when you're 20.

• Id guess from 25 and below

• Anything over 50 seems extreme for a 19 year old.

• 3 years younger is okay...but if you were like 25 and if i was like 30 then still ok..

• Your age +7 MAX

• I want to say it doesn't really matter... but 24/25 is probably the upper limit.

• I don't believe a thing such as a "mature 19 year old" exists. In fact, when people claim to be mature, I typically assume the very opposite of them.

• You have to consider how mature you actually are, not how mature you think you are. A lot of 19 year olds are very immature so statements you've heard don't necessarily say much to your credit. I'd say a guy around 24-25 at the oldest

• Age is just a number. If you date older it will give lonely old men hope for a relationship, I'd say 10 years max, or anything really so long as it doesn't become a Lemon Party.

What Girls Said 1

• Who cares as long as you like them and they are hot !