Are my standards for a gf/wife material demanding or just right?

I'm single, taking a break in dating and currently travelling but the woman I do one day want to form a family has to have these qualities in my opinion.

1) Is cute; she doesn't have to be a model and can be just average in looks but at least presentable and takes care of herself.

2) Good personality and funny; kindness

3) Smart and ambitious; one way to get me immediately bored is to know nothing at all... dumb bimbos, HS drop-outs ewwwww

4) Can be a good cook too; I've noticed certain girls purposely brag about not even knowing how to fry an egg and that's a deal-breaker. It means you're lazy on purpose and clearly have no interest in doing a basic skill an adult is suppose to know. I'm a good cook myself too and don't mind cooking some day, then she cooks other days too.

5) Not demanding nor expects me to always pay on every single date or everything. I wouldn't mind if it's an extreme circumstance you're undergoing and can't do anything at that moment but you'll get on feet at some point and either look for a work or you're saving money for college.

6) Doesn't sleep around nor is a heavy party person. I would find that we would be very incompatible since I don't do that myself. However, if she's mainly relationship minded and let's say has only hook-up a couple times (nothing comparing to 50 times or with 100+ people) then ok. I have never had casual sex, just a 4 year-old relationship.

Overall, I like seeing the girl from the inside and her other qualities besides looking good and knowing how to cook (very basic requirements; same as having a HS diploma to get a job).

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmmm I don't know if you will find someone who fits all these points, but there is nothing wrong with having standards and yours sound very reasonable.

What Girls Said 7

• Your standards are just right. Society makes your standards seem impossible because your calling women to step up, whereas society is calling women to sleep around & not respect their body.Society making women think that appearance should be the top priority and not smarts.

• Your standards aren't unreasonable.

• These aren't so much demands as they are standards which you seek in a partner. Everyone has different things that they look for, so do you. If you are not a heavy party person, then it is natural to expect that you would be seeking someone like you. When you say "cute," you clarify that you want a girl who takes care of herself and practices good personal hygiene, sounds good. As long as you are willing to cook an equal amount, then the "demand" that she cooks is acceptable, too.

And with the money issues, it will depend on the girl. She may want to always go Dutch and split the bill, she may expect that you'll pay for her. Go with what she wants in this aspect. If you like her enough, you'll feel proud to pay for her.

• With the money thing, I'm trying to be fair. Off course I'll always pay on the first couple times but as we're getting to know each other better and if it's going to be serious, I would expect her to collaborate and put some effort too such as slitting the bill. If there are special circumstances I'll understand but if that's not the case and she's a capable working adult, I would be tired of only me doing all the paying, all the time.

• Cooking, yes I'll willing to cook too. It's the girls that don't even care about doing the basic stuff such as frying an egg, making rice or other basic stuff that would be a turn off. If she's somewhat ok at it while I'm better, I don't mind. I can help her and tell her how to improve. Don't mind teaching.

• But as least she cares about learning and not those extreme radical feminists.

• Yeah this seems totally reasonable, most girls I know are like this. I agree about the cooking thing haha - when anyone (girl or guy) says "haha oh I can't cook" I'm like "are you serious?" That's like saying I can't brush my teeth or I can't read.

• They are just normal basic standards.
    Don't forget, if you fall in love you will forget all these , man :)

• Just right.

• Sounds like most guys would agree

What Guys Said 4

• You know what you want, you'll probably have some success then.

The woman you desire sounds like the same one I do.

You sound a lot like me.

• I think your expectations are basically the standard, just the available girls all seem to be sub-standard.

• Sounds like every guy's list everywhere. Except the betas.

• Totally acceptable. Healthy that you know what is compatible with you.