Do you talk or text when you contact a friend?

Im asking this question, because I want to see how many of you enjoy talking over texting or texting over talking when it comes to contacting friends or family. I personally despise taliking on the phone, I will either text or write a letter.

• I love talking on the phone!
  • I hate talking on the phone!
  • I love talking on the phone but I hate texting
  • I love texting but hate talking
  • I like to do both equally.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't stand being on the phone. Constant use of cellphone have been linked to brain tumors. But either way just make sure you're not behind the wheel of a vehicle when using a phone.

What Guys Said 6

• I talk on the phone but don't mind texting. I personally like things as personal as possible.

Texting is constantly linked to misunderstandings of how a person said something. Now I don't necessarily feel like talking everyday at an hour a day but some short catching up is nice. Plus texting is distracting when in the middle of things. I feel like if you're going to talk on the phone, you'll know if the person's really paying attention or not plus you can set times for it a lot better. "Call you at 8?" instead of texting back and forth wondering if the other person's really paying attention or not.

In this age people are increasingly distracted and constantly multitasking. I feel it creates so much distance. With so many people feeling disconnected from relationships and friendships I feel all this texting is really causing people to grow up without any social skills whatsoever.

• Well, my guy friends and I don't talk all that much, so texting is easier. It;s usually short and to the point. LOL

If I'm talking to a girl I'm interested in or a SO, then I prefer the phone since it's more personal. Texting here and there is cool too, though.

• I think in person, over Skype, or the phone is better than texting because it's more personal and more connective.

• Thats cool :) Me personally tho, Ill text until my thumbs start to get biceps because I dont like talking on the phone because there's almost always an awkward silence...

• I prefer texting only because I feel naked discussing things of the phone. I can't see their reactions and stuff so my senses feel blind.

• I love texting vs talking. I consider my words more carefully before blurting out the first thing that comes to my mind. Reading texts helps me to 'listen' to them since I have to read their words. The only time I am on the phone long is when talking to my mother. I rapidly start to zone out after the first fifteen minutes.

• mostly i do it in person and i rarely i use phone for it..

What Girls Said 10

• I went with B... I kinda wish there was an option that said I love texting.

I don't hate talking on the phone but I've become addicted to texting and when I'm talking on the phone I run out of things to say and its just an awkward silence.

Ill talk occasionally but texting is my preference.

• Texting over talking. But sometimes I hate both of those options. I like being alone...most of the time.
    it's relaxing and I can do whatever I want. =)

• I really don't like talking on the phone, and I try to not have long convos through text either. I much prefer face to face. But if I had to choose one, i'm more comfortable with text, i don't know why, but i've never been comfortable with talking on the phone.

• I like doing both but when I'm on the phone they are talking to someone where they are at and sometimes ignore me. So when we text I don't feel dumb waiting on the phone but also when I text they can take a while, it's rare but it happens.

• Usually always texting. I am not much for yapping on the phone anymore but I am always texting. So I vote D I guess

• I hate both lol

• I like texting/messaging better than talking on the phone thats why I dont have a phone so that people can't blow it up lol!

• I don't like long chats on the phone, but if its a quick question or something I'd rather that than a text.

• I normally text my friends. I like both equally.
    I rarely call people though, if I actually call a person were really close.

• I do both but I think I text more.

• i hate talking on the phone and always text :P

• The only time I prefer a phone call is if one or both of us is really emotional, or we have a looooong story to share.
    Otherwise, I prefer to text because I like being able to multitask and do other things while chatting with a friend.