What do men like women to wear on the first date?

I'm going on a date this week and wondering what to wear. We're going out in the evening (7pm) for dinner at an italian restaurant! I usually wear flowery dresses and heels to school/daily basis but I don't want him to think I'm trying too hard to impress him, so should I wear skinny black pants and heels with a leather jacket for a change? What do guys find more attractive for a girl to wear on a 1st date to dinner?

Most Helpful Guy

• whatever you feel like, i mean put effort into it but dont wear something you won't feel comfortable in. it's up to him about how he wants to behave no matter how you wind up dressing

What Guys Said 7

• If you normally wear a dress, I wouldn't go out of your way to NOT wear a dress.

Dress appropriately for wear you're going. But trying to be less feminine than normal is odd.

• Whatever you feel it is that represents who you are.

Basically, something you're comfortable wearing that you like to wear.

• I don't about about American customs.. but for a guy from India.. a simple top and a pair of jeans would suffice.. first date is about getting to know each other.. so the focus is on talking

• Nothing to screaming, just something simple that you feel comfortable wearing, so that we don't spend the entire time think that it is us that is making you uncomfortable when it is in fact your clothing. Oh one more thing, underwear, you should defently wear some.

• I would say something cute but casual. Don't look like you're trying too hard but you don't hang to wear a potato sack y' know?

• Sweatpants+sweatshirt=confidence. I mean who does that. Is he humorous cause If my girlfriend did that I would marry her.., anyway it is only the first date. To some people it could be a turn off

• I would really like to see her wear stockings in the style of zettai ryouiki.

Do a google 'images' search and you'll get the idea.

What Girls Said 1

• Where whatever makes you comfortable. If you wear something at school and he sees that then there's no reason not to wear it