Why don't women smile back at me?

I work at a huge facility and I'm constantly passing by people. . Anyways I always smile at people when I walk pass them male and female but for some reason women will either give me a dirty look or look away

0|1
5|3

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually have on a "bitch face" by default when I'm walking around, and often times I'll be so caught up in my own thoughts that when someone smiles at me it takes me a few seconds to realize it happens and by that time they're already gone. Then I'm like "shit, I just made myself look like a total asshole".

0|0
    0|0
    • My ultimate favorite is when women do the fake looking down at their phone thing as I'm walking by them

• Show All
    • Do you just do that to ugly guys like me?

• No, I do that to everyone

What Girls Said 4

• Damn...that's cold... I love returning smiles...or just giving smiles... =)

0|0
    0|0
  • it's too personal. i never smile at strangers. when i notice someone
    smile at me i feel embarrassed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some might think that you are trying to be flirtatious and they're not interested. Is it all or some?

0|0
    0|0
    • All.. I'm not flirtatious. I smile at men too

• That's weird. When someone smiles at me, I smile back. It's like human nature.

• When they are not interested.

0|0
    0|0
    • it has nothing to do with interest it has something to do with being polite

What Guys Said 3

• Could it be they get harassed all day by the men there so they have the default get away from me look down pat?

0|0
    0|0
    • I did nothing wrong

• Didn't say or think you did wrong. I smile at people all the time. Usually, when I am in a genuine good mood I get back wonderful warm smiles. I make a day of it. Making eye contact with all who glance at me. Seniors, guys, girls, dogs. Just keep smiling and try to not sweat when it isn't returned. Maybe the next person in the hall needed your kind smile instead.

• Very true, when I get a warm smile it makes my day

• they are cold people

0|0
    0|0
  • They could just be shy man.

0|0
    0|0
    • Nope cuz around others they are all of a sudden talkative

• Show All
    • I'm not saying i know it. I'm just throwing some ideas out there. Some times some people don't realize they're doing some things that are strange (I'm not saying you are doing that). For example, there is this guy at my college who would groan or make a strange noise when doing stuff and i don't think he realized he was doing so.

• I'm not doing such things