Do girls online realize that not posting a full body photo is setting them up for an even bigger disappointment?

I'm seeing this a lot. A lot of the girls online who are overweight will post photos only shoulder high, overhead angled to hide their weight, or only their face, or even really old photos of them before they gained their weight.

I know a lot of girls may hate this but I am very fitness oriented and not attracted to girls who are overweight and stopped replying to girls who don't have legitimate photos. Also some girls have had this issue I hear with guys misleading with photos too so I don't think it's something only women do. I hear a lot of girls complain about guys lying about their height.

With that said, I've met some girls in person who have mislead me with photos and would like to know if why they do this? Are they thinking that I'll put the lies aside and "accept them for who they are" or something? Some of these girls really seem to get high hopes as well and let down when they see my disinterest.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do, I can't speak for everyone, though. I read once that you should put up 2-3 good photos of yourself and one that clearly shows your flaws or just how you normally look (without you looking your worst, of course). That seemed like good advice.

It seems that a lot of people use old photos online. Sometimes I think it's because we have such few photos of ourselves alone, not just to hide flaws. When you put up photos of you and another person, there seems to be the need for a bunch of explanation of who that other person is. Or you worry if they are better looking than you, etc.

What Girls Said 6

• Why should females not use pictures that they like of themselves just to cater to your personal needs?

• Because people always want to show their best side. Especially whenit comes to finding a potential mate. Even though that best side no longer or has never existed. Guys also post really old pictures of themselves too.

• Sure they choose picture that are flattering, but I think you can roughly how fit a girl is just from face and shoulders

• I can sorta tell but others have fooled me. Like I know one girl in person who has a decent face but then in a big round ball underneath.

One girl I met off of POF was able to take photos of her in her underwear (I did not request them) and still mislead me due to the angles she shot.

So it's kinda 50/50 there.

• I don't know I think you're overreacting a bit there. You should get a rough idea of what a girl looks like from a picture like that. Especially if she's in underwear.
      And in that case you can't really complain that she's hiding something

• Oh no she definitely hid a lot. as it came closer to meeting she showed a face shot very different from the other photos she showed me. I almost thought I was going to meet a totally different person.

• On dating sites i just post selfies...can tell how recent tgey are by my football shirt..always post one with me in my teams shirt...

wouldn't say im overweight i have mummy tummy tho...

• Does this mean everyone here thinks I'm a fatty?

• I think it's partly them disguising their weight, but it's also difficult to take full body pictures of yourself. Unless you have a full body mirror or someone else to take your pictures for you, you're unlikely to get more than your chest and up into a picture. Or at least that's my experience with selfies lol.

What Guys Said 3

• there are some big girls I would date and if she was gorgeous (face) then yes I would put the lie aside

• The dangers of online dating. It appeals to a certain "demographic" for good reason.