Girl hasn't replied yet to my text a little over five hours ago?

I got a girl's number yesterday and texted her, "Hey _______, it's me ______. How's life? How are those quarter grades coming along?" a little over five hours ago. I still have no reply. Does this mean she's not interested? How long should I wait until sending her another text (I know I should wait at least a day, just saying)?

And sorry if this is a bad question. I am a complete noob at texting. This is the first time I got a girl's number in my life.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd not send another text. She may be playing text games or not interested. If you really want to, give it another few days and send one FINAL text. 5 hours is a long time, come on. We are all attached to our phones.

• I have only sent one text by the way. But yeah, I will wait a few days and text a second just in case, and then get on with my life.

Most Helpful Guy

• You shouldn't worry about it! Some people aren't huge texters or even look at their phone very much. I often go many hours or a day without replying. The girl I'm interested in (who has made it very clear she is interested in me) has often not replied for many hours. At first, I couldn't help but have the same nervous feeling that she might not be interested, but I knew it wasn't logical. But lo and behold, hours later or the next day I'd get a reply. Or we might go a few days without contact and she might send something like "Hey pretty baby"- which is a relief. Even if she did look at your text, maybe she's waiting so she has some time to sit and answer it later. She probably has a life so she can't be expected to be texting a lot through the day. I DON'T really have a life right now and even I am pretty lax about it. Nobody likes being pestered though, so if she doesn't reply, maybe back off for a while and see what happens. Don't worry!

What Girls Said 4

• Omg don't freak out!! :D
    I do this (accidentally lol) to people a lot! She probably left her phone in her room while she went out to do something. Or maybe it's on silent.

I know how annoying the anticipation of a text back is, especially after 5 hours. Hang in there ;)

• Dude guys Always get mad when I don't reply right away. Listen she is most likely just busy or maybe her phone got taken away or something. If it takes her even days to reply she still could just be busy

• That's too many questions at once but don't worry she could be busy

• She might not be interested in you/creeped out by you. Or maybe she just lost her phone/phone confiscated/other physical factors. Maybe wait for another two days? Not a bad way to start a convo though. Don't blame yourself! :)

• It's been two days now, so...actually surprsingly exactly 2 days and 1 minute right now, lol.

• Yeah, actually I may have another girl after me! So that's good.

• Okay then! Good luck! :-)

What Guys Said 1

• Do not text her again. You didn't do anything wrong. I'm the same way. I always take it personally, and it ends bad. Just wait for her to text you back. I got a girls number two weeks ago. Took her 4 days to text me back and now we talk a lot. Just be patient. It'll work out if it's meant to.
    You just got her number. Not to sound mean or anything. But you aren't something to her yet, so just don't take it personally. She have you her number, be happy about that. And just be patient.