If a guy texted you "Hey I have a question", would you automatically assume he's going to ask you out/ask about the relationship?

This girl that I think likes me back texted me "I have a question" and then after I replied, she asked a question about an assignment that she HAS to know the answer to already but I asked her the same question before and she's the one who told me. Then she texts "Haha I bet you thought I was texting you about something more important, sorry". Convo continues.

Anyways, today I texted "Hey I have a question" and was going to follow up with something funny but no reply... to be fair, she hasn't been online since before I sent it but she could just be ignoring it...

Most Helpful Girl

• no because making assumptions make an ass out of you and me. most of the people who texts me are my clients and or my staff members who I work with.

What Girls Said 4

• I think it depends. If the guy was already flirting with me and showing more signs that he was interested, then maybe I would think he's going to ask me out to hang out or something. However, if it seemed like he was just being a friend then no, I wouldn't think that.

• I honestly wouldn't think anything if someone said that to me.

• No. At least I don't, unless he's done it before, multiple times. I assume he's asking advice on what to do with a girl he likes, or help for a problem, or a homework assignment, or I think nothing of it at all.

• No it does not have to mean you are going to ask her out.

What Guys Said 0