When do guys start to become more mature?

I'm 16 and the guys at my school are really immature and the ones who aren't "only see me as a friend" :(
When do they start being better? I'm so sick of these childish guys who call themselves "men". (Like you're in high school shut up -__-) I know males mature later but how much later?

They're being immature by the way they talk about girls (as just sex objects) and they only talk about weed and sex and they're not very nice to girls like me who are not as developed as the other girls.. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys and girls at high school are just as immature as each other. The difference is you sound mature for your age. You notice a real change in maturity levels the moment you leave finish high school. You don't have much time left at high school so ignore the boys at your high school and concentrate on your studies. I don't really agree with the whole men mature later thing because I know plenty of immature girls. I think that people in general are becoming less and less mature in general. As for the guys that go on about girls being sex objects, talking about weed and sex, well they are attention seekers. Stay well away from them, I can assure you they are only trouble. To me I don't define a man or women really by their age, I define them by how mature they are.

• Also a man's sexual peak is in his teens and early twenties, A women's sexual peak is between about thirty and thirty five. So you will start to understand more why men were so obsessed about sex when your older.

What Guys Said 16

• If you are looking for an age, it's possible but rare to find them begin @ 18yo but these usually have the benefit of a very social family and a long GF relationship, with everyone having a mature attitude that surrounds him.

The normal guys might begin to become more mature about finances & gals as early as 30, most would agree that are older than this, looking back. Again, their surrounding effect the vintage.

40 is certainly the grow up or be rebuffed age socially.

50+ you might find some beginning to regress, now that the kids are old enough, so the ribald jokes may reemerge...

• The trick ain't to wait for them to become mature, the trick is to develop the skills necessary to point out the ones who already are.

• Honestly, around 30.

• You can't really expect any guys to be mature in high school, very few. They are still kids for crying out loud! But it really varies depending on the person, some way sooner, some way later, some don't mature period, haha. Its rare to meet a mature teenage boy, I've seen it, its just very rare. I say most start to mature in mid to late twenties.

• Generally speaking, it usually happens quite a bit after high school. That's just a generalization though and there's exceptions, of course.

• I consider myself to be mature. In fact, i have gone past the stages of being mature and have currently migrated to a place called "minus maturity stage". This is the stage where people mistake for being too immature and i keep telling them that "you don't know me, so talk about me as if you know me" bla bla bla... And i make them regret their bad judgement.

In short, i have reached the outer space universal maturity called "Love & Peace".

• Some guys dont. But I have been mature since I was 17. I know some 27 year olds who are still like 15 year old kids.

• 30s onwards, my opinion

• lol, neither gender fully matures ever. its just that people tend to take on more responsibility as they get older, 16 is a weird age. stay young

• Palaks age

• I am 33 and still see chicks as sex objects and just talk about weed sex and masturbating. only ugly boring guys act "mature"

• I didn't really mature till i was thirty

• being mature is no fun.. belive meee

• How are they being "immature"?

• Like they only ever talk about how much they're smoking and how much sex they're having. And they tease me for having small breasts :(

• Just ignore them, why would you want their approval anyways? Since you're 16 I'm assuming you're a sophomore or junior in highschool. Yu have 1-2 more years of school once you get out things get better.

• you have every right to be "immature" at your age, go tell them "you must be having sex with yourself" "your penis is so small, girls intuition is always right"

• when they turn 21

• what's really interesting is, girls' complaints in that area seem to almost get worse every few years.

What Girls Said 3

• MUCH MUCH LATER

there might be just different stages: the boys at your age
    have begun to develop muscles, and their voices will change. Males also begin looking at girls for the first time, and this is perhaps the point in development when males also begin to hid their emotions and realize what is intended for them as a gender. If adolescence is the most irresponsible period for males, than perhaps the fourth stage marks the period when men first begin to emerge from this stage. The fourth stage is known as young adulthood, and it is during this period that males reach their physical prime and during which they begin to renounce some of the bad habits of their past. It is also during this period that males begin to develop a desire for achievement and betterment, And i feel this is when boys really become MEN. This sort of thoughts/feeling processing starts much more around 24+ some develop faster than others.Not all males, but for a good portion of it)

Below is a something i copied from a pdf:

In that adolescent stage females: At fifteen, the adult cognitive thinking is nearly fully formed and just as quickly crash with drops in self-esteem as she seeks to manage an adult character and adult emotional structure.

Female/Male differences in this stage: Girls have increased brain activity and tend to think about a lot of things almost all the time. They think everything out and take things personally. He tends to be more single-task oriented. He doesn’t tend to take in five or ten elements of any situation before he makes a decision. Handling stress: She will respond to stress much differently than he does. Girls reaction to stress may be to become quiet, withdraw, unable to eat, and unwilling to communicate. The male brain compels him to act out his stress in violence, increased drug and alcohol use, and other high-risk behavior.

• At twenty, the myelination of the brain cells is mainly completed, thus the brain is technically adult. Her brain is able to think in the abstract, giving her a new ease as she focuses on love relationships, her education, her future, and activities she enjoys.

The Young Woman: Sixteen to Twenty -
      Female/Male differences: She completes the mylenation of the brain earlier than he does, signaling maturation sooner for her. She is able to verbalize her emotions, think consequences out more fully, and use more words in general. She can read emotions on faces more accurately. She tends to feel pain more than he does and enjoy long-term tactile contact than he does. She is often more mature morally at 16, than he is at 21.

in comparison you can see that women develop all around much faster than men. Mentally and emotionally. Dont let the boys now stress you out, focus on yourself and as life takes you to places, you'll eventually meet that man.

• Thank you this was helpful.

• I think never. It's funny because some men do mature, but it's late, like 40 MAYBE. I have dealt with grown men who still acted like teenagers and here I was assuming someone older would be more mature. As long as they're only focus is getting sex to please themselves, lying, being all about their ego, that goes on and I have no idea if and when it ends.

• Maybe when they hit 30, haha.