Would a woman care if I didn't drink alcohol?

In the dating world would a woman mind if I don't drink alcohol?

I wish I could pick more than mh.. a lot of good and helpful answers.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be pleased, because I don't drink either :). But if a girl considers it to be a deal breaker, then she obviously doesn't feel as strongly about you as you deserve.

• Some women on here don't think I should be dating cuz I don't drink

• Well alcohol is a neurotoxin so it's really not particularly good for you lol. I don't drink it either. In fact I don't drink caffeine or any sugared water.

• @cavmanier good on you too!! :)

What Girls Said 23

• They shouldn't. As long as you don't make it a huge thing and try to tell then that they can't drink.
    I don't drink alcohol because I had a problem with it and dating was tricky at first... I never made a big deal out of it and quickly figured out that the guys who made a big deal of it most likely had a drinking problem themselves. It's not like you're telling them that they can't drink around you... That's the only issue I could see.

Quality women aren't going to be bothered by your choice to abstain from alcohol. And if they are then you wouldn't have been compatible anyway.

• Could I meet a girl who doesn't drink so I can avoid the temptation

• There is sooooo much more to life than alcohol and women!

• I'll just give up on getting married

• It's just like the whole vegetarian thing. I don't care if you don't eat meat or drink alcohol, as long as you don't make a fuss about me doing those things you don't do.

Although if the reason for you not drinking alcohol is because you were addicted and are trying to quit, then I'd be fully supportive and don't drink in front of you.

• I would not care at all as I hardly drink at all anymore myself. If a woman makes a huge deal about you not drinking at all, she's not somebody you want to be dating.

• I prefer a guy that doesn't drink cos i dont drink either. I dont like the smell of alcohol, i dont like what it does to your body and I dont like the effect it has on people.

• learn to love yourself first.

• Why? I can't marry myself

• id like you even more.
    id burn all the alcohol in the world if i could.

• I'm just worried a woman might think oh he must have done something wrong cuz he doesn't want to drink

• No...I never had a sip of alcohol in my life...my boyfriend doesn't drink alcohol either...and I'd never be in a relationship with someone that drinks

• To get a gf I feel I have to drink

• **I meant "I was just answering the question"

• No you said good luck like don't bother you anymore

• Generally speaking, when it comes to drinking, its best if you're "drinking habits" are somewhat compatible.

I like to drink a lot, so a guy who doesn't drink at all, would make me feel... off.. I'd always feel like he disapproves of me.

Also, why don't you drink? Religion? Recovering Alcoholic? Bad personal experience when you're younger?

Your reason can play into it too.

• So you are going to judge me now? I don't judge people who drink.. but you assume I have some kind of a problem

• See, for me, that would be a relationship deal breaker.. The fact you used to drink, and now, don't at all..

1: I'd feel like I'm not good enough for you.
      2: I'd feel awkward drinking in front of you.

• I don't look Down on people that drink.. I just would have to find a girl who doesn't drink.. I've found that they do exist

• Fine by me!

• Would you think something is wrong with a guy who didn't drink?

• Nope, I know a few who don't and they're normal to me

• It's not a big deal. I'd say it's 5% of the consideration process for me. He'd be 5% less attractive if he didn't drink alcohol but really the only time I drink is when I am vacationing at a resort or on a cruise. If I'm at an all inclusive and I'm with somebody who doesn't drink it will be hard to get along or justify spending time at the bar however it's not a deal breaker. If I like him then I like him.

• Marry me. Just kidding.
    Some women might find it strange, but it won't be a turn-off or deal breaker. I don't drink either by the way, ever.

• I don't want to drink cuz it got me in trouble but I'm afraid to quit cuz women will assume I did something wrong but what happened to me can happen to anyone. I'm paying my debt

• Come to Europe . We don't judge on those nonsense criteria.

• The women wouldn't want me over there

• I don't think most would care.

• They'll be like oh he must of did something wrong cuz he doesn't drink

• Sensitive and unwilling to listen to reason. Yes, people deserve second chances and I was not trying to say they wouldn't give you one based on your past. I was simply saying that people are naturally curious.

• I wouldn't be curious.. I'd respect their decision

• I wouldn't mind after all I barely consume any alcohol myself.

• I don't drink, so I wouldn't mind :)

• i prefer it

• That's refreshing to hear

• I don't drink alcohol and we are a dying breed my friend. I guess that means we are boring people who will live long and boring lives:]

• Women assume I did something wrong and that's why I don't drink and I just want them to like me so if I have to drink to get them to like me I will

• I don't want to have to go to church for that

• This woman on here said that a man who's never been an alcoholic is more desirable than a recovering alcoholic

• No since I don't drink at all myself.

• Yeah I've tried wine coolers before because people told me they were like juice.. They couldn't be more wrong because they smelled and tasted horrible.

• I want a guy who doesn't.

• I actually detest alcohol, so personally it would be a big plus.

• I drink occasionally, but I wouldn't mind if a guy wouldn't drink at all. I'd respect him even more probably.:D As long as he doesn't mind me having fun every once in a while.:D

• i don't care

• Some woman said I shouldn't date cuz I don't want to drink anymore

• I would actually be more attracted to that! I don't drink at all, and the guy I'm dating rarely drinks. I've seen some people in my family act crazy with alcohol, so I just prefer to date guys that aren't much into drinking.

• I would prefer it since I don't drink alcohol myself either.

• But most people in general drink so how am I going to get a gf

• Oh okay that makes sense. You could also look for a girl that's Muslim, since they don't drink.

• I still want to practice my Christian faith. . as I've seen from the comments is there are a lot of girls who don't drink

• If she enjoys drinking, she may prefer a drinker. No big deal, as a non drinker is a better fit.

• But all the women I'm attracted to drink

• Do you really want to end up with someone who is like that, though? A person like that will betray you one way or another. Plenty of women have duis or made other bad decisions and learned from them. Find someone with compassion and do what's best for your life. Don't let your fears rule you.

• I would let a woman abuse me as long as she would be my girlfriend

What Guys Said 6

• There are some that would give gold stars for this, especially if coming from abusive alcoholic relationships or keenly aware what liver damage does to a family.

• I don't drink alcohol at all and women haven't cared about it.

• Did they ask you why you don't drink

• Yes. I just say I've never liked it. It tastes gross lol

• High five man! I'm the same. Although I haven't even tasted anything but red wine because the smell is vile enough lol.

• Some would care, some wouldn't. Obviously it would be an issue if you were dating someone who was a heavy drinker, it would just cause too much tension. But there are plenty of people who are light drinkers, and most light drinkers aren't going to care if you drink or not.

• I can't imagine that they'd care about this. They'd probably be curious as to why you don't drink, but who wouldn't be?

• It's normal nit to drink

• I'll be viewed as weird..people that know me well know that I care what people think of me and always will

• I don't necessarily think people will see you as weird in a negative way. Just a little different from what they're used to. I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

• I think it is very easy to say "oh I would have any problem with it". They might not, but I am telling you, many WILL.

Its one thing if you do not drink because of health reasons. It is much easier to accept that. It otherwise, then its tricky.

And why would you get "tempted"? You need to stick by your principle.

In my case, I dont drink because I am not allowed to. I have no will or desire either. And I have often got the "Oh... That is so lame... ".

• well I drink socially, but its got to be in a controlled environment (like for a new years eve party in a hotel)

• No I don't drink period. I'm afraid a girl is going to assume I had a troubled passed

• be honest with her, say you dont like alcohol, no shame in that