Did you ever have a date or dance partner at your school prom or dances?

I never did i was not "cool" enough dance or go to one.

but I did get to go once and no wanted to dance with me because I was not "cool".

this why I hate traditions.

as soon adults or kids ask me about the prom I all hot angry inside lol i was pissed if anyone talked about the elite prom.

my parents said "its once in a life time" and thinking yes stand in alone and used was movie carrie a lot.
watched carrie* and that movie disturbed me to the point that was afraid to go.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope...I went to not one dance in high school...didn't even go to the prom. I wasn't allowed to date...still am not allowed to date...I have very religious parents...my mom wouldn't even let me square dance during gym class when I was 9 years old. She wrote a letter to the teacher and I had to sit out of class for like 2 weeks...but she was nice enough to let me watch a dance when I was in middle school for a half hour...I wasn't allowed to actually dance, though.

What Girls Said 5

• I did! I went to an all-girls high school, so I had to find a date myself haha. I had guy friends at the nearby all-boys school so I always asked one of them if I wasn't dating somebody at the time.

• Don't feel bad. I never got asked to go either and I was a cheerleader at my high school. I guess all of the guys thought that someone else asked me. I never went to any of them since my friends all had dates and I didn't.

• It's cool, man. I never had a date either. Only once... My senior year for homecoming.

• I never went to those dances.

• I had boyfriends for some, dates for others, went alone for others and skipped others.

It was more about the after party, where I'm from...

What Guys Said 1

• I could see why that would skew your view of tradition

I did have dates for most of the dances my school had, at least the dances where people took dates (proms, homecoming, etc)