Do I have to kiss on the first date, especially if we met online?

Maybe I have intimacy issues, but I find it really hard to kiss someone on the first date, especially if I had met them online. Most recently, I think I missed out a second date because of it.
Any tips on how to reduce my nerves? Sure, a few drinks...but I have to drive home, so drinking more to feel comfortable isn't really an option.

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's the thing: if you tell a guy at the beginning of the date that this is an issue for you, and that even if the date goes really well, you can't help but feel a little weird about kissing on the first date, most guys will be fine with it.

What is NOT fine is if you let them believe that a kiss is going to happen, and then you shut it down at the last minute, because THAT feels like rejection.

As long as you aren't taking it off the table EVER, then it's not a problem. Just let the guy know, UP FRONT, how you feel and what his expectations should be, and you'll be fine with any reasonable "rule" you want to make.

What Guys Said 5

• I have been on dates with 2 women since becoming single again. when I was a teenager (the last time I was single) I used to expect at least a small kiss at the end of a date.
    But it has not been like that, especially if your just meeting for drinks the first time. both times it has been a short sweet hug goodbye.

• Dont cling on numbers,, if you feel like kissing, kiss the next second and if he is forcing you when you are not ready then dont initiate it either

good luck..

• I wouldn't change anything. Don't do anything you're not comfortable with at a core level. That way, you'll find a guy who best matches you.

• dont have to kiss on the lips, dont even have to kiss, however it might make it feel like its only a friends outing. try kissing him on the cheek so that he at least knows you're interested

• I don't hold it against a girl for not kissing on the first date. If the first and second dates went well and you wouldn't kiss at the end of number 2, I'd be annoyed. Date number 3 would only happen if I was really attracted to you.

What Girls Said 0