Is this an okay thing to do or not?

So I'm fairly new at my school I switched over about 2 months ago. I've already made tons of friends its going great. I started talking to this girl and I asked her to prom she said yes and was very happy. I found out this week that right now she isn't looking for a relationship. So there's another girl who I'm interested in and I think she may be into me. My plan is take my date to prom give her a great time and after if she doesn't want to date me move on to the other girl? Does that make me look bad? I like the girl I'm going with but I'm not waiting around forever for her ya know. So is that okay?

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing wrong with that as long as you talk to the first girl and make sure she really doesn't want anything more

What Girls Said 2

• it's fine to move on to another girl when the initail girl isn't as interested but make sure you guys talk it out and are both on the same page.

• yeah thats fine tell the first girl how ou feel and if she gets mad (I don't think she will) say something to the affect of
    "you didn't want a serious relationship and I did. you can't blame me for leaving you for someone who wanted to be serious.
    you had your chance. GET LOST!!" tehehehe Ok not the last part hahahaha I am having too much fun. hahahaha

What Guys Said 1

• I'd say it's perfectly okay to do so. I mean if the first girl isn't looking for a relationship, yet you want it, then by all means it's okay to move on.