What do you think of hot, extremely selective, discreet guys?

Hi,

The hottest guy in my department (I'm in grad school) hit on me and asked me out. I was sooooo not expecting this. I'm obviously happy, but also a bit mystified. I have only seen him a few times. We took a class together, but we barely had any interaction. The 3 times (max) we talked before he asked me out, I treated him like a normal person (did not flirt at all). Because it never crossed my mind that he'd be interested in me. He also has a ton of girls with crushes on him constantly asking him out. He always says no. My friend told me he's extremely selective. He also seems really interested in me because he had to walk like 30 min out of his way to come ask me out… Obviously, I'm happy and all. It's just a bit shocked. This is a rare breed of guy. The super hot guy who can have anyone and yet doesn't date much and who all of the sudden hits on your without even knowing you. What do people think of this type of guy? I'm not complaining. I'm just curious what people think.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am this guy. Date him. If he's anything like me he really just enjoys waiting and getting a feel for a personality before trying anything. Too often when I was a lot less selective I would have girls heartbroken calling me for months after and it made me feel like crap but I knew what I wanted I knew what I was looking for. If he's asking you out something about you is really interesting to him.

What Guys Said 3

• good thing i'd say. Im not the best looking guy in the world or anything, but I've been "propositioned" by a few girls that I turned down, because I knew that they just weren't really for me. I'd say that he probably cares about having a relationship with you and not just dating you for a while and finding someone new. at least that's how I look at things.

• Somehow you passed his filters. Go for it.

• umm.go get him, tiger. tha'ts a gud guy.

What Girls Said 2

• A waste of time.

• The fact that you treated him like a normal person probably helped to increase his interest in you. Like wow, this chick actually has a backbone and isn't groveling at my feet. You being so indifferent to im probably made him feel like you might be a bit of a challenge, like he might have to work for you. Things you have to work for are the things worth having.

• He's probably also trying to avoid dating a woman who likes him solely for his looks.