Why do some guys hit on a girl's friend after she rejects them?

Sometimes my friend's rejects (the guys she turns down) will instantly hit on me! Lol, I am no one's fool so I turn them down too. Yet, I am still curious about the reasons why some guys attempt this tactic anyway.

Also, can anyone tell me why do some guys feel the need to make sly comments about a girl's friend when the friend has not said or done anything to them? For instance, when my friend and I went out bar hopping, a guy started hitting on her. Since my friend was still talking to him, I took it as my cue to leave. When I left to get inside the club, he noticed, so he mentions to her that I look like "someone peed in my cornflakes" :-/ the funny thing is that I was in my own world and I was feeling mighty good, lol so I don't know what gave him the idea I felt some type of way about him talking to her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do some guys hit on a girl's friend after she rejects them?
    Possibly either to play a game hoping she gets jealous or he doesn't care what gal he gets as long as it's a gal. I find when it comes dating most guys play games or consider gals quite interchangeable and replaceable so guys actions are rarely genuine or sincere it's either manipulation or meaningless.

Also, can anyone tell me why do some guys feel the need to make sly comments about a girl's friend when the friend has not said or done anything to them?
    Possibly was playing a game to discredit you as bitter, jealous, or envious so if you pick up a negative opinion of him your friend will dismiss it as you just being bitter, jealous, or envious.

• That makes plenty sense. I figured it was more based on a bruised ego so they feel can redeem themselves. Or their trying to make her feel some type of way.

Lol, and thanks for answering my second question. I really didn't think about that. I have had guys say the very same stuff about my friend, especially an ex-boyfriend. I always wondered what made them feel my friend was jealous or bitter. Or why her dudes thought I felt the same way too.

What Guys Said 1

• Either he wants to make your friend jealous, or he moved on and he thinks there might be something there with you. He didn't ask you out first, if that hurts you then go ahead and reject him.

• I get what you are saying... I agree... Maybe if I knew the guys and liked them then yeah, I probably would reject them because I wasn't their first choice. However. these are random guys that I never met before, so I don't understand why I would be hurt? I just feel their actions are arrogant and insincere, so I reject them because of that. I just wonder why they try it anyway; especially knowing the other girl's response will be the same as her friend.

• And thank you answering my question. You were very helpful too.

What Girls Said 0