Seeing two guys, how do I break it off?

I've been on a few dates with two different guys and I wasn't sure on who I wanted to be with but now I am.

We have had about 4 dates, I do like him and he is a great guy but I know that my feelings aren't all there and I can see a future with the other guy more than him.

Because we aren't official and because we have only been seeing each other for such a short amount of time, what's the best way to break things off, I don't want to string him along..

Most Helpful Guy

• "Because we aren't official and because we have only been seeing each other for such a short amount of time, what's the best way to break things off, I don't want to string him along.. "

An admirable quality that you don't want to string him along. Therefore, I think the best way to break it off is to do it immediately. How do you do it, you use the words you just said above, "I do like [you as a person] and [you're] a great guy but I know that my feelings aren't all there." Might I suggest NOT saying, "I hope we can be friends?" If you want to let him express himself, go right ahead. Allow limits as to expressing his sadness or hurt or disappointment though. Don't let it drag on. After that, you wish him all the best and you exit.

What Guys Said 1

• I have no clue

What Girls Said 2

• Here's some food for thought. If you really cared about the first guy that you started going out on dates with then you wouldn't have been swayed by the second guy right? Maybe? But all in all, really think about it.

• Call him and tell him that you just don't feel a connection and wish him a happiness in the future.

Don't be mean but make it very clear that the "relationship" is over.