How hard do women have it in dating?

I was always taught that women have easier when it comes to getting a boyfriend. I still think that. However, some women at my college who are very attractive by the way say they don't have it as easy as men think. I find it hard to believe that any woman has it hard in dating or finding a boyfriend. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• If a woman doesn't get approached by any members of the opposite sex whatsoever (which is a very rare situation by the way), she has it only as hard as the vast majority of men. So I don't really have any sympathy, sorry.

What Girls Said 13

• Sure, I suppose it's easy enough to get a date...but a quality, relationship-ready, mature, serious type date? Not so much.

Picture it this way. A girl walks into a room full of balloons. There's hardly room to walk because of all the balloons crowding around. All the balloons are green but there is one blue balloon. The balloons represent the guys who want to date the girl, but the blue balloon is the quality guy. It'd be easy enough just to grab a green balloon and walk out of the room, but to find the blue balloon and take that one out of the room? Just got about a billion times harder.

• thats the same thing for a guy. "one that searches for high quality stuff" not just a booty call

• OR the girl sees all the green balloons and been hurt by half of them.. sees the blue one but turns him down because she thinks she's a player trying to act nice to have sex with her. So really the whole room is nothing but green balloons to her.

• Well. Yes we have options. Yes we get asked out or hit on. And yea it's easier for us to get sex or whatever could be thought we have it easier. But the thing is when a woman wants a serious relationship or love or to meet someone she can have a potential future with. Then it becomes hard. Cause I am in that situation where I get hit on and asked out a lot but I have not met someone I can see myself being with long term and I don't wanna waste my time. I can only speak for myself, so in dating i have met guys who only wanted me for me looks, or guys who are super clingy or insecure, guys can be really selfish, guys can lie to you so much you don't know how to trust again.

I had my heart broken over and over by an ex that just lied and lied and screwed me over completely in every way.

It hard to date because I feel traumatized. I feel like I can't trust guys. I can only try but guys are so persistent, they lie so good, and they will say anything to get what they want and leave you in pain.

by the way I know not all men are evil. Just some or a lot are just careless or something is just wrong.

• women have to always look good, men only approach us for our looks, and men don't have that problem as bad as us. An ugly guy can get a pretty woman.Men can date women of any age and it's thought as normal (well obviously not older men and teens or children). Men can't get pregnant so they sleep around way more.

• But I think everyone has a hard in dating but at different levels and for different reasons. I guess all we can do is hope for best.

• I've never had a boyfriend and I've been told by many people that I am beautiful (not trying to be conceited, I don't believe them when they say it). My sister and I are always surprised by the reactions of those we tell that we've never had a bf. Guys flirt with me all the time, but when it comes to actually having a relationship or asking me out they never do.

• Men think it's really easy for women. It isn't.

The only men I met, it was through online dating. In real life, only one or two men approached me and they were known for just wanting sex (plus I wasn't into them at all). And men then say "why don't women approach men?"
    Well, I've always been crazy shy when it came to men, I never dared approaching one. All men were after all those women I found beautiful and I was on the side. Men in real life were not into me. And it's just now, that I feel confident with men and that I'm in a serious relationship that men notice me.

• You have a boyfriend now, right?

• I do because I went on dating website and I made it happen. But in real life? I didn't have a chance.

• Girls are just as confused by dating as men are, it all comes down to the same thing just because you like someone doesn't mean that they like you and male or female that sucks!

• It depends on the woman.
    Overweight girls, tall girls, overconfident bitchy girls (although I have seen some "bad" girls in relationships. These women have it really tough in the dating game.
    Pretty much every other woman has it easy.

• It is actually really hard for women. Majority of the time we are only approached by men for wanting sex. It is hard to weed out the good guys from the ones who want to "hit it and quit it".

• I approach women because I truly like them and I still get rejected. What's a man to do?

• its all about signs. if you see her smiling at you, wanting to go on conversation and you feel she likes being near you then you can compliment her, perhaps you could even go for a kiss if you feel she's really close to you like face to face

• Yes, and what strangee said. You need to make sure she wants to be approached as well.

• Men and women can both be geniuses with dating others can be complete dumbasses. We both overlook things that are small signs of interest and we don't always catch on as quickly as people think. So it isn't really gender dependent. It's dependent on your personality. Girls might just be a bit more confident with their feelings than guys.

• It's good you can hear the other sides point of view so you see the whole picture. Both sides have it hard.

• I had it really hard with men...I barely ever got approached or asked out...I basically had to be the one to ask my BF out...as a girl I like to feel pursued...but haven't gotten that feeling...I guess it would make me feel more desired.

• I have so many problems with dating. I'm so sooo afraid to just get used and I don't know how to read the signs. All of this makes me super nervous about dating.

• I totally agree! I am oblivious to a guy flirting with me half the time because I can't read the signs correctly.

• Here's a crash course on how to read the signs: If he seems really nervous but asks you out anyway it probably means he genuinely likes you and though usually shy believed you were too special to just give up on so he tried anyway.

If the guy who approaches you seems very confident, it is likely because he doesn't care if you say yes or not. If you say no he can always find pussy elsewhere so why cry over yours?

It's a catch-22 situation if you're only attracted to confident men AND only interested in LTRs.

If you just want to have fun for a night, you're good to go!

• I have noticed this! And it has helped a lot, but I still have a lot to learn. Things would have been much easier I the good old days haha.

• neither gender has it easy. We both have difficulties but in different ways and sometimes similar. Everyone worries if they will be liked on personality, physical etc. But I think sometimes women make it hard. We are prob approached often but because we are not approach by are "type" we say its hard.

• Sure some of us get attention, but is it ALWAYS the kind of attention that WE actually WANT? No. A lot of the attention we get from guys is them simply being horny and wanting to bang us. And if we're looking for a serious relationship, we're not up for one night stands. That's not dating.
    I have been single all my life. I'm 19. Guys rarely hit on me first, I'm always the one who has to go up to them and start flirting. Which I don't mind because it can be fun from time to time, but it never turns into anything. Sure they'll flirt back for a while but they're never fully interested. Nobody sees me as more than a friend or a flirt. Which I'm ok with since I can't force anyone to like me and I don't mind having some of them as my friend, but it does get tiring and boring. I've never been on a real date, I've never had a real kiss (being dared to kiss someone is not real in my opinion) even though I've somewhat actively pursued guys and showed them my interest. Only guys online have showed interest in me, but it never works out because we always live too far apart. So it's pointless really.

• Also guys make it seem like we get approached constantly by actual GOOD guys. No, we don't. Most guys who approach us only do so because they're looking to get laid. That's my experience anyway, and most of my friends' too.

• I already said I do? I do pretty much all of the approaching. "I'm always the one who has to go up to them and start flirting." Do you honestly think that I haven't tried it all already? Lmao

• I don't know what you should do then. You're doing everything right.

What Guys Said 9

• Under age 25 or so women have it quite a bit easier. Complaining they can't get the guy they want would be like a guy saying 'I can get laid easily, but not with 10s'. O, really?

By probably 30 or so, men have it easier, and it gets increasingly so.

Nobody has it easier then early 20's women, but most of them don't know how to take advantage of that fact.

• That's what I think.

• I am one of those early 20's women haha

• Yeah. youth wasted on the young etc.

While women may have it easier younger, if you were a 16 year old guy with the mind of a 40 year old, you'd do soooo well in high school, lol.

• Nobody has it easy. That's the truth.

I'm biased, of course, but personally I'd rather be the man as it relates to dating. At least then I get to have societal permission (which is overrated, of course) to pursue whomever I want.

• Women have it pretty easy in regards to getting a date if that's what your implying. Although getting a quality guy to pick them is as difficult as it gets.

• dude girls have it SO much easier. Guys have to fuckin impress girls and show them that they're not just looking for sex. But girls are super particular and expect you to always be 100% confident and make all the right moves and if you fuck up they can just text back one of the other 10 guys trying to get in their pants.

• This is exactly what I think. Women don't have it hard because they get attention all the time.

• It depends. Which do you think is more difficult to deal with: (1) having to choose between so many options or (2) constant rejection.

I'm going to have to go with #1. I mean, it just sounds like such a darn chore! Why can't someone (whom I consider perfect) just choose for me?

• Would you rather be the person who just has to show up and have everyone doing their best to impress them? Or the the person who has to do all the work and jump through fire just so that other person will give you a chance? Literally, all girls have to do is show up. It doesn't get easier than that. The only guys who have it easy are the "hot" ones and even they can't get the girls they want most of the time.

• To be honest, I would rather be a guy. I can decide which woman I want.

• I'd rather be a guy too, but women have it easier. No question. I'm not even going to feign an interest in trying to understand otherwise. Our problem is we know who we want, but rarely can we get them to want us back because we're just a drop in the ocean in terms of the interest they get.

• I think that it's both equally hard for men and women, women rarely approach, men rarely approach it seems like men are getting shyer by the day, birth rates in the United States are already decreasing and I think that a contributing factor is that both genders are approaching less nowadays. No offense but the United States is a highly antisocial society.

• I hate it when people say "for every girl that has a boyfriend that guy has a girlfriend" as their counterargument

• Because its true although there are plenty of single girls so don't make excuses.

• Not on mine biggie90. Most of them are taken so I stopped approaching them.

• *I mean girls have to put up with tons of guys they dislike, do not want until someone they want comes to them

• Women have it harder. It's much worse being the one who gets approached constantly.

• I thought they all enjoyed the attention. I would if I had women fawning all over me.

• What? Seriously? It's hard for people to approach you saying they like you? I never realized.

• my only opinion is only initially they have it easier, they have the final say and that doesn't require much social effort