Progressing from online to a meet?

This isn't exactly online dating. You've come across this girl (or guy) through a mutual interest and you have some things in common. So you've exchanged a couple emails. You want to get to know this person. Would you propose coffee?

Most Helpful Girl

• definitely, id ask him to get a coffee at a local cafe or if he would like to join me on a day out wandering around town. something casual and public where we have distractions if it gets awkward

What Girls Said 1

• Yes I would, But just in case you should show up 5mins late just to get a feel of what they look like, espicaly if you kinda have a crush. you never know these days with social media.

What Guys Said 1

• I would. Though it's not a chic as some other places, I always meet women the first time at IHOP if at all possible since they have wall to wall surveillance. I'm always cautious about any prospect of he said, she said situations.

• Good point. Maybe a bank is a good spot to meet. ;)

• Cute! ;) I've met mine all kinds of places. My favorite was for either Margaritas or Bellinis at Johnny Carino's.