How frequently should I be texting the men I am dating?

Just getting back into dating after divorce and it's a whole new cellular world. People who are interested in each other text throughout the day but I'm not used to it. How often should I text and how much time elapses before it's considered rude or the man perceives I'm uninterested? I don't want to give off the wrong message.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't worry too much about any perceived rules. Just message him whenever you want. If you get a break in the day, or you think of him, or you just have something to share, then go for it. There's no right or wrong way to go about it. :)

• This one guy seemed pissy that I wouldn't get back to him for several hours during the day. Was I being rude by not getting back to him sooner?

• Oh, ok, thanks for your input. :)

• You're welcome. Hope it works out for you!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I would text every other day, that way he would also have a chance to initiate texts as well. Good luck!

• What if he texts me first? How long do I have to get back to him before he starts to think I'm rude for not texting back sooner? A few hours?

• I dont think people are that specific with texting. And if they are, its because they don't have lives. Meaning, if you are busy working etc and it takes you a while to get back to him, its okay. I dont think people sit looking at their phone all day like that. I'm sure he would understand that you're busy and you're doing things. As long as you get back to him at some point that day would be good even if it takes you more than 2 hours.