How can I get this guy online to come visit me, instead of the other way around?

We met online and live in different countries.
He always talks about me going over there... I think he should come here, as a woman I just feel uncomfortable going there alone. He doesn't make a lot of money though and honestly it also bugs me that he may think since I make more money that I should be the one to make the move.
I feel as the man he should do it. How can I get him to consider coming here first?

I finally nudged him and said I want him to come here. He just said he was hoping I'd go there. Then I said I see it's not going to happen. He didn't respond and the subject got changed.

Most Helpful Guy

• As the man he can protect you far easier in his own Domain than travelling into unknown territory to meet you. It's not easy for either party to meet the other for the first time in such a situation. Have you even told him you feel this way? How can you expect him to come to your country if he thinks you're already going to go to his?

What Guys Said 3

• What ever happened to chivalry? A gentleman would always travel into the strange territory rather than expect the fair maiden to travel alone to strange lands, even if it takes the lady to share the cost.
    My wife and I met on the internet and are from different countries and I would never have let her make the first visit. After the first time we took it in turns.

• Even if you have to help him with his travel expenses, I'd get him on your turf.

• Communication is key. If you can't properly talk to him about this then maybe you two are not ready yet to meet at all. But it also depends on how little money he's got. You can't expect him to put all his money on a trip that might be a big failure. Meeting someone that you met online is always a risk. However well you think you know the person.

What Girls Said 1

• I agree with SoulmanUK. What happened to chivalry? I'm also from another country and my husband is American , but he came to see me. always!