Help! Does he just not want to make a move or is he just awkward? Please help lovelies?

Im sorry with my typical high school drama, but I'm just a bit curious :/ This boy and I started to talk and then he asked me to dinner at a very nice restraunt. We had a great time and he actually ended up asking me to his prom by coming into my acting class and singing with his band and asking to go to prom to me with a big bundle of roses (soo sweet.) After that, we ended up still hanging out together like, hikes, breakfast, exploring cool places, movies, etc. We've hung out a lot and he is such a sweetie. One night I failed my driver's test and was pretty bummmed and he's so sweet he took me out for icecream to make me feel better lol. However, I noticed he hasn't even tried to make a move yet? He asked to see a horror movie (which is supposedly when the guy always makes a move) and he didn't really try anything. He had his hand laid right beside me and he moved closer, but he didn't try anything. Then we chilled in his car for an hour after and he kind of put his arm around my carseat but then like awkardly pulled it away. I don't know if he just doesn't like me or is just maybe nervous? He did tell me he never had a girlfriend and he's 18, but sometimes this doesn't matter from what I hear. I think he does like me I think because he is a busy guy and he makes a lot of time to hang out together and he says often how pretty I am and such too. I don't know though, I guess I'm just confused on the no moves thing. If he does like me, should I maybe make the first move of like holding his hand or something? On Thursday, He's coming to see me at a play Im working with and then were checking out an abandoned house, should I maybe try? If he doesn't like me, then I should jsut back off then too? Any advice would help! Thank you so much! :)

What Guys Said 1

• I hold hands with friends. Make a joke or something next time you feel like he should be making a move "This would be the peeerfect timing to kiss somebody riiight now" haha I don't know. You get the picture.

• thanks so much! Do you think I should or would I just creep him out?

• No it's sort of, banter-ish. Forced awkward moments aren't really awkward, they release tension.

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like he definitely likes you. As to why he has yet to make a move, that could be due to either him being nervous, not being sure you're interested in him, or perhaps him just being respectful and not wanting to rush things. If you like him, try being more obvious about the feelings being mutual. Do that for 2 or 3 weeks, and if he still doesn't try anything, feel free to go ahead and make the first move yourself. It doesn't have to be anything big, you could just hold his hand or put your hand on his shoulders for longer than a friend would.

Good luck!

• Thank you so much! :)