How can I tell him? Should I wait until I'm 18?

I am 17 years old I will be 18 soon and my boyfriend is 28, I lied to him and told him I was 19 what should I do I am contemplating on telling him the truth.We were dating for 3 months now, he told me when we met I have to be at least 18, I'm scared of losing him :(

I'm in New York the legal age of consent is 17

Most Helpful Girl

• The girl who answered was not rude at all and I agree..I mean seriously the guy really cared and told you you'd have to be over 18, because he could really get into jail. Even after your break up, if you said something about your age back then, when you started dating.I know you're scared of losing him and you think age is just a number, but there's way too much difference.I mean..10 years. I was with a guy for 3 days who was 23 and realised it's a mistake. But since you like him so much, the only thing you can do is tell him and hope he doesn't get too mad.But I'm guessing he will..That's all you can do, honestly. And if he does get mad , don't get revenge by putting him in jail for dating a girl who lied about her own age in the first place, because it's not his fault.

What Guys Said 2

• Tell him that he met you a few months too early.Admit that you misled him, and you only did it because you liked him so much and wanted to spend time with him.It's better to do this sooner than later.

If you two are otherwise getting along well, I think he'll accept it.In a few years, the age difference will hardly matter.

• That's not fair. You know it's wrong. Tell him the truth and face the consequences.

What Girls Said 1

• you need your ass beat. in some states you could have that man in jail

since you wanna be grown so much, WOMAN UP and tell him you lied. don't be scared now

• Really though girl I'm in New York that's the age of consent in New York I Conly wanted help not for you to be rude