If your girl friend/boy friend is sick what do you usually do for her/him?

I've noticed the difference between Asians and Americans on TV series (may be they are difference between individuals not difference between cultures but still :P)

So this was the scene that I found very interesting...

If a guy call his gf and she sounds really sick so he asks her
" do you need anything? do you want me to come over?"
and if she says "no i'm fine.. I will just sleep it off"

in Asian TV series, a guy still come by with medicine/soup and stay up late taking care of her even if she said she was fine...LOL
but in American TV series, since girl said she was fine, he didn't visit her or anything LOL. He only visits/takes care of her, when she says she's not well

It is really weird, isn't it?
and I've heard from my friend who used to date both Asian and American guys and she told me it is somewhat true.

Do you think it is a cultural difference? (so if you date an American guy, you have to be straight with your guy, don't trick him or give him an opposite sign.. if you want him to visit you, then tell him to visit you? LOL)

So what do you usually do when you find out your gf/bf is sick?

do you think it is really cultural difference? or it is another misunderstanding of mine :P?

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex used to get sick a lot and I always wanted to come to his place and help him out or keep him company but he always told me not to, to the extent where he gave in once and then got pissed that i came over because he "needed his rest" (even though we just watched a movie and chilled) so I've strayed far away from the sickness territory since then - which sucks because I'm a pretty nurturing person.

As for me getting sick he refused to see me when I was sick because he "couldn't afford to get sick".. thus why we are no longer together

What Guys Said 6

• When she's sick, I'll take care of her, whatever it is.
    If she says she's fine, I'll believe her.
    I don't know if Asians would be different. Some maybe, but some Europeans and Americans too.

• could be a cultural thing yes. quite an interesting question. hm.
    but would you agree, there are caucasian guys out there who would do the same or this question is also pointing out, generally they don't. would be less than 1 percent.

are majority of Asian men like that?

• yes... they care a lot about their lovers.. in other words they can be really clingy :) But I think either cultural men has their great traits :D

• do girls like guys to be like that? what do you mean clingy? so Asian girls aren't clingy at all?

• I usually take care of my girl no matter what she says if i know she is sick. Usually i'll show up to her house with soup and tea (maybe even hot chocolate) sometimes a movie depending if anything good came out and go from there. Sometimes they get mad at me for it since they aren't all pretty and feel "ugly" but i don't care. I just tend to her needs, rub her feet, scratch her back, etc.

• Yeah this is true. Americans are too lazy to visit their gf anywayz cuz they can just be at home playen video games and get phat! U gotta be straight with them to get them to come over.

• I leave them to fend for themselves.

• Laugh, mostly.

What Girls Said 3

• i go to his house with ingredients to make soup and... make soup and feed it to him

• Everything. I make him soup, tea & honey, I make sure to pick him up orange juice, tom yum, ginger, etc. I bring him everything in bed. I enjoy taking care of him when he needs it.

• Bring them food, skip work to take care of them, clean up after them, cuddle with them, sing them a lullaby and staying up all night with them.