First date and he takes me to hooters?

And then expects a second date?

Before we went out he said he knew this good restaurant that we could go to. I don't know if that was supposed to be a joke but I don't think it was funny.
Just why? Out of all the places you could choose, why would you choose hooters to take a girl to?
I thought it was extremley disrespectful

And I thought I made that quite clear actually. When we were there I told him I didn't want a main course just snacks, obviously so I could leave sooner. I didn't let him walk me home or called him after. But apparently it was too subtle because three days later he texted me asking for a second date. Really? What would make him think I'd go out with him again?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he thinks you're out of his league :) Is he a player type?

• if he thinks I'm out of his league why would he take me to hooters? That's just making it worse
      I don't know him that well, we met at a farmers market

• But that's like so wrong I don't even know how he could come up with that. Who tell someone that's a good idea?

What Guys Said 17

• Wow. That is really bad. There is someone with no class and really not a gentleman. U should just lay into him and let him know what a lowlife he is.

• well thanks, I'm glad it's not just me, because a lot guys here see no problem with it apparently

• I didn't read the other posts before. The only reason he could possibly think you would go for a second date was that you went into the place and ate. Although he really has to be stupid. You should not have even gone in. But it is not always easy to be the bad guy. Anyone that tries and say he was going there for the food is simply a moron. Buffalo wild wings has the same food and the woman doesn't have to stare at tits the whole meal.

• I agree, it's ridiculous to say it's all about the food, yet that's what some guys here said.

I was thinking of not going in but I was also kinda surprised and I didn't want to be that rude, but now I regret it a bit, at least then he would have known what went wrong

• Yeah, this guy doesn't seem like he's very good at dating. Either that or he's playing some weird games to see how you'll respond which, again, equals not very good at dating.

The irony of the disconnect between Hooter's and farmers market intrigued me though. That's quite a leap!

• I know, I wasn't expecting it either, especially because he said he knew "nice restaurant".

Did you watch this movie my best friends girl? There's this guys who gets paid to take your ex on a terrible date and I think he always took them to hooters or some place similar. I felt like out of a movie

• Yeah I think that would have totally thrown me. But maybe I'm biased because I'm a foodie that LOVES farmers markets, and I'd never step foot in another Hooters if someone paid me.

Haha, I haven't seen it but I can understand why you'd feel that way. I probably would have been looking for hidden cameras!

• i understand.
    if you tell him, you feel like being defensive but you're not.

if i were you, don't hide that you're upset. he needs to know. you can tell him to forget about the 2nd date, or however up to you. hooters is not about the food, it is about the girls..it is a franchise that is promoting itself based on that. and yes, it was a stupid decision... i really feel like talking some sense into him.

• well thanks, most guys here claimed it was about the food. I agree it's not. You can get cheap fast food anywhere it's ll about the girls

• I'm not supporting his decision, and I have never been to hooters, though I would go given the opportunity. If this was a better date and you guys kept going out for a month and you really liked him, how would you act/react if he brought you there just for the food or just to be in a fun relaxed place?

• Hooters is not about the food, that's the point. There is nothing special about their food, it's the same thing you can get anywhere, it's all about the girls. The whole chain is based on the girls, not the food.
      It's like saying a strip club serves food, may be true, but it's still about the strippers primarily

• I think its because hooters is accepted as a restauraunt, society accepted it. and I think that is one reason that he thought it was okay.

well if he doesn't understand the reason behind it, then either he is not in tune with what a woman might object to and or it has never been explained to him. does he have any sisters or a mother that is still in the picture? and if you know, what is his family like. he easily could have been raised in a house full of pigs

• No sisters, 3 brothers actually but his parents are still alive and together.
      I don't know much else, he grew up on the country, fairly conservative actually. His dad is a pastor actually, his mom a kindergarten teacher, they sound like decent people to me

tbh I never got why hooters does have the kind of acceptance it has today. It's extremely sexist. And while I ws there, there were a few girls their with their boyfriends that were clearly uncomfortable. One even cried in the ladies room about it. So it's not just him

• You must have nice hooters?
    Here's a guy that chose from his buddies list of fine dining and they take their gals there... that's his experience in dating. He won't understand all your thoughts written here.
    Who picked up who & how/where?

• We met somewhere and walked from there. We live in new orleans so a lot of good places would have been in walking distance

• It would be interesting and fun to call him about that 2nd date and say you just MUST go to (fancy coat & tie w/lobster place) to meet up with your friend, or maybe some other time (that I can't commit to just now). Upon arrival & after seated, ordering a first course/drinks have your friend call - to cancel. Don't leave without a full deal meal that compensates fully for Hooters. Then see if the phone rings again.

• Was this his first time going on a date with a girl? Some guys are just fucking idiots i swear

• I don't think it was. It's so weird he seemed like a really nice guy, but then...

• Maybe one of his hoes from his past thought it was cool so he thought "I'll just do that again with this girl"

• Why don't u just tell him u didn't like it instead of faking it. Obviously he's going to hit u up again. Guys cannot read your thoughts. If u told him when u got there, he would've just taken u somewhere else.

• well I thought it was obvious, but clearly it's not so I am going to tell him

• NEVER think it is obvious, unless you spell it out straight! None of that "hinting" bullshit.

It is incredible what you ladies think is "making things quite clear" to men. No wonder so many people are unhappy in relationships. Men don't have a clue about the signals you send. And on the flip side, women read into every little thing that men do, when there is nothing to read into. Oh the humanity!

• I agree with bouncing pig if it was a bad date then don't see him again. but I agree if hooters is his idea of a nice place for dinner don't call him again. But to be fair just assume this first date was a fluke that it will never happen again like this and go on a second date with him

• I don't know if I can do that, it'll always be in the back of my mind. I just don't get you know? Out of all the places he could have choosen, why hooters?

• Did you send signals that you would like it or something? Anyway if he does it again on the second date you should certainly ditch him

• seems like a tool

• He isn't very smart

• What a dumbo.

• i thought it wasn't supposed to matter where we took you to. isn't the idea of dating someone, to be with them, no matter where

• well would you have liked it if she had taken you to see the chippendales?

I'm not into fas food, but I would have been less disappointed if he had taken me to wendys or kfc, but hooters isn't about the food, it's about the girls

• No she gets it. She's saying she didn't know the guy before the date, so this was his chance to make a good first impression. And he failed.

• again, i repeat, i was taught it shouldn't matter where y'all go, the point is, to e with the one you like, no matter where...the qa sounds shallow, and so does the girls on here who agree

• And all of this is fine, but are you only not responding to him cause you wnet to Hooters? Or was he a bad date? You may have been too irritated to be able to catch that he was joking around? Just looking at both sides.

• Mainly hooters, the date before and after was ok. Had better had worse. But while in the restaurant he was staring at the girls a lot, so that's a deal breaker

• What? They have good wings! lol

No but seriously, I agree with you. That's no place for a first date.

• Yeah I would never go on a first date to hooters. Hooters is a place where I go with the bros... bubbiexo is wrong its not a shithole just because they have hot girls working doesn't make it a shithole lol. Someones jelly.

• What's the big deal? It's a restaurant and they have great burgers & wings. It's not like the place is a strip club.

• well it as the same purpose as a strip club, seeing half naked girls. I think it's disrespectful towards women, which makes a terrible place for a date. Unless that was the message he was trying get across, that he doesn't respect women?

And I disagree with the food, I think it's terrible well I'm a picky eater

• I think that goes without saying, but thanks for stating the obvious

• Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• So do you go on dates to be taken certain places or do you go on dates to get to know someone who could pontetially be a long term partner?

Hooters may not have been the best choice, but you could have suggested another place if you were uncomfortable

• No I do go on dates to get to know him. But I think hooters is one of the bad sides of america. A restaurant who only quality are big chested waitresses is just disrespectful. Why not go to strip club?
      What kind of man would that's acceptable. And it's sad that society seems to think it's not a big deal

• I know some girls who wouldn't care and who actually feel empowered by places like hooters

Anyway I do agree that your boy was foolish and probably testing you if you

• Well I would have clearly failed that test, why would he go out again?

How can hooters be empowering?

What Girls Said 14

• Some guys are totally clueless... That's all there is to it. It's super rude and inconsiderate to take you there... And the food isn't even good so wtf?

Okay so I've heard of guys testing gals before to see how cool they are and shit like that. I think that maybe he was trying to see if you were "down-to-earth" enough to go to a shit hole like that. So then he liked how you didn't throw a fit and wants to see you again? Guy logic. He could have taken you to a dive bar where people are fully clothed and the food is better for the same effect.

What an idiot! Lose his number!!

• well maybe I should go on a second date and go to male strip club

• well I failed that test then

• Ah well... No loss to you :)

• Wow I'm really sorry that happened to you. I really don't know enough to assume if it was a joke or not, but his game is more than a tad bit off, and I agree that was EXTREMELY disrespectful. The fact that you didn't let him walk you home, or hadn't called him should've immediately told him it was off, but he texted you. Obviously you felt hurt from this, and again, I apologize. I really don't know why that'd make him think otherwise though. But I think you should tell him straight up, and how you feel about the whole situation.

• I find this a "Rootin tootin" First date Bomb, sweetie, and I do believe, you should of grew some of your own Big Boobs and told him-----"No way, Jose." There are small cafes and bistros for "snacks and such," and apparently One of you was served a "main course" after all...
    As far as "seconds" go, he must really have been impressed with You More than the hotties, for it appears he didn't give a "hoot" about what was on The menu that nite..."Was this for your eyes only?"
    It's your choice for his Bad taste in "Eats and sweets," but if you Do decide to give him another taste test, You tell him Next Round what you're "Into" for your Own food for thought.xx

• Well I don't know what's worse. That guy taking you out to Hooters on your first date... or my boyfriend taking me out to the movies to see Lars Von Trier's "Antichrist" on your second date.

• lo ok well I would have preferred the antichrist there

• Maybe he has a low IQ... Still I'm never the type of girl who minds Hooters , they have great wings <3

• I always thought they were known for their breasts, not their wings.

(Sorry, I was in the mood for a poor joke. Please forgive me.)

• I think BWW has better wings... And even their wings are questionable lol

• XD i haven't gone there yet

• Because he seems himself as gods gift to women...

How could you ever resist him?

• Hahaha ugh. This is just sad. This guy is either really stupid or a douchebag (or both).

• It's unbelievable, right? What's wrong with men that they think that's an acceptable date?

• Who knows. The only impression he's giving off with that is, "I'm a player and don't even want a relationship"

• Well it could be a few things maybe
    1) he is so clueless is laughable but if u really like him explain it to him like he's from a different planet not assuming he knows how ridiculous it was he took you there
    2) maybe he was really low on cash and the only person he knew that worked at a restaurant happened to work there and could give him a discount?
    3) maybe you're extremely hot and he was showing you off to an ex gf
    There's many variables but if I were you I'd straight up ask him. Have you taken dates to hooters before? That will open up the conversation at least and then you'll know if you want to give him a second shot. You never know, a screw up like this could pay off big for you in terms of the second date ha!!
    Goid luck honey!

• None of those variables make it any better though. I really can't think of any reasonable answer

• Lol I sorry but I had to laugh at the question. It was funny. But I totally agree, I wouldn't want to go to Hooters for a first date at all, unless it was talked about before hand and you were ok with it then it wouldn't have been a problem but for him to pick the place and show up at Hooters? I wouldn't be so impressed. If you still like him you could always bring it up and say it was a little distasteful and go from there

• I cannot really see what's wrong with taking you to hooters, not every guy has the money for a 5 star restaurant. You acted childish and if you don't want a second date then man up and tell him so.

• There are other cheap restaurants, whose main attraction are not the waitresses

• Loser, cut bait, omg what a jerk lol

• maybe he thought you'd enjoy it

• LOL whattt!! Just text him back saying the first date was a fail and it's over.

• I don't see this has a big deal