Why don't white American guys find Muslim girls attractive? :(?

How come white guys in America don't approach Muslim girls that wear the scarf? DO they look ugly to you?

Oh and I'm referring to college guys 18-21 range kinda but answers by all ages are appreciated!! :)
I wouldn't mind marrying a guy who isn't Muslim. I mean I'm not going to convert and he wouldn't have to either. It can work.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most white American guys are probably not Muslims, thus approaching a Muslim girl might be a bit intimidating to them. Like they might not know how strict you are, if you're off-limits, what your parents will think and so on. That's a lot of buts and ifs to think about, and it wouldn't surprise me if most guys think it's not worth the hassle to find out.
    I'm sure they can find you attractive. It's just that the difference in religion/culture might be too big for them.

• Thankyou so much! Do you think I should approach one to show I'm interested?

• Definitely! That way you'll show them that you're not as strict as they might think, and that you're open to dating guys who aren't Muslim. :)

• Some white guys (the ones it sounds like you are around) are probably the ones just after an easy night with any girl rather than something serious and since the hijab is a religious item it will give them the idea that you are not up for stuff like that so they would not approach you, but the right guy will in time and he will definitely not approach you for the wrong reasons! So chin up :)

• Cheers R Thomas 😂😂😂 probably cos I'm being nice to her and giving her advice in the comments... Lool

What Guys Said 23

• Isn't it pretty well known that Muslim girls are not allowed to date non Muslims, only Muslim guys are allowed that... the scarfe and hijab are adoptions of Saudi Arabian Wahabism rather then Islam... somehow they managed to end up being the religion now. As is the case were you aren't allowed to listen to music.

I have muslim friends who are girls who choose to make friends with the opposite gender, most of them know they aren't allowed to date non muslims but others choose to.

I am Christian and wouldn't date a Muslim, but I would be willing to be friends with her

• First of all: A relationship or even a marriage with two people not sharing a very similar world view will never work out. I can't name a single example and I've been a marriage counselor for so many congregations for roughly 6 years now.

If you say, he wouldn't have to convert, then you don't know much about Islam and then I ask you: Why would you even wear a Hijab at all? Not all serious Muslima would wear a hijab, but all serious muslima would never marry a non-muslim man. Therefore the hijab is less important than marrying a muslim, yet you wear it but say it's no problem to marry a non-muslim?

• Exactly big bro u and I always think alike

• I guess, it's a lot about whether you grew up in the culture (I spent a large part of my childhood in Israel with many serious and liberal Muslim, Jewish and Christian friends).
      I find the QA way of thinking very western. The outside counts, the way it looks to the others.

• It covers all of your hair (except from certain vantage points in the front) and hides a lot of your face, so it's hard to be attracted to someone, or even notice them for that matter, when most of the feature that generally attract me are concealed. I've dated a Muslim before, but she didn't wear a scarf. (By scarf, I'm assuming you were referring to a Hijab.)

• Yah the hijab. It doesn't hide the face, only hair I believe.

• Depending on the given Hijab, it conceals various parts of the edge of your face.

• Oh kkks. My face basically shows all of it the way I wear it thouuu. Even my fat cheeks lol

• 1. Players know you are not the type they can play.
    2. Shy guys don't approach anyone.
    3. Christian guys wouldn't be interested.

Those 3 types I would say covers probably 90% of white guys. That doesn't leave much to pick from.

• It's because the MAJORITY of Muslim girls only go for Muslim guys, so that in itself will eliminate many potential suitors. Another is that the Muslim religion is generally viewed as radically different from the ones white people tend to associate with, so they might feel they won't have any common ground with you.

And as far as blacks and Hispanics approaching you, both races tend to have far less reservations when it comes to approaching the opposite sex.

• I'd approach them If I thought they were nice, & no they don't look 'ugly'.
    But in general, in my mind I may just dismiss them, because doesn't that mean you aren't supposed to mingle much with white men?

Personally I think its a bit racist as hell for a religion to say you can't date outside of this religion/culture, If I'm mistaken on that please explain how?

It seems that the muslim religion attempted to take the place of various peoples Cultures; by saying you do not do this, you wear this (so outside men stay away), they must be of the same faith (to ensure no outsiders), overall it seems like a very chauvinistic culture.
    Seems like they're (the muslim men that founded the religion) just worried that their women may stray, sounds controlling & insecure.

I did not know love was only o.k. between two people that are exactly alike, This is a very foreign concept, KUDOS TO YOU IF YOU ARE QUESTIONING IT!

• Omg i love you

• Hows that possible if the Qur'an was delivered by a Messenger of God?
      It seems like the same claim the Jews and Christians make, although most Muslims do not entirely discount the texts, they place the emphasis that it was God's message but that we as humans misinterpreted it.

If this is true, how can Muslims possibly claim such a silly idea that it was not somewhat corrupted or misinterpreted when it was Written (by a Man).

If anything it would seem that God uses messengers where he may.
      Don't be ignorant please.

• 'It is the true one, as we believe.' Sorry that comment was pretty ignorant,
      I love you too idonntcare :D!

• A scarf? You mean hijab?

I think it is funny that you're asking about why white guys aren't doing a certain thing, and then at the same time dismissing blacks and Hispanics without giving a reason.

But wearing a hijab sends a message, right? Wouldn't it mean no premarital sex, no alcohol, very conservative values... so you aren't exactly trying to appeal to non-Muslims, right?

• I've seen many that I thought were good looking and attractive. But I'm agnostic (leaning toward full-blown atheist), so I just can't see the point.

• Many do...they feel the very conservative sexual views as well as cultural and religious conflict with friends and family members are too many cons when there's other female fish in the sea.

• There are appealing girls who are Muslim but I'm not a Muslim so it's something that I know pursuing is kind of pointless. I have friends who are Muslim though.

• I gotchuuuu. That's cool you got Muslim fraands, though.

• Its not that we don't find y'all attractive its that most Muslim women want a Muslim husband so you don't really pay us white folk any heed.

• Maybe the Hispanic guys are more confident that they could win a knife-fight against your brother.

• Because those hijabs scare me to death. Also Muslims aren't allowed to date and us guys assume they aren't allowed to date.

• Really? Take that thing off and wave it around like you just dont CARREEEEEE
    No. Probably because they think Muslims don't have any interest for someone outside their religion

• My white GF and I just discussed this last night. We decided to order a hijab off ebay for her.

• Because headscarves or offputting and a turnoff in Western society and your and in South America and Asia, it's as if they are nuns or trying to cover their shameful baldness.

• I assume most Muslim girls want Muslim men.

• How about don't were the darn thing and make yourself look ultra pretty

• no that wouldn't help...

• no I wouldn't even bother trying to approach them , its not a racial thing I just find that cultural way too different and unappealing. and as I'm not muslim they likely wouldn't be allowed to date me anyways

• I'm white and iv seen some Very attractive Middle Eastern women. Its not that I don't find them attractive. Its mostly that Islam and religion in general is very off putting to me. And I know that many if not all Muslims are VERY strict about not dating anybody outside of there Faith. And that they would disapprove of the fact that I'm not a Muslim. And there parents especially would as well. So I always see them as off limits.

I'm sorry if that offends or hurts your feelings. I'm just being Honest. I'm sure your very beautiful.

• I understand thanks for your input!

• I actually know quite a few beautiful Muslim girls who I would date, but I am not changing my religion and I do not believe in what they do.

• We have no interest in converting or faith, just to date a girl. It would make as much sense to ask why don't Muslim girls convert to date white American guys.

What Girls Said 13

• Muslim girls are considered conservative and I've met a few. They don't like to talk about their culture when it comes to dating but I learned a way to figure out how it works. I was friends with this girl for a short while, she was sneaking behind her parents' back dating another guy (similar background but he isn't a practicing muslim anymore) for two months and later that, they got married! They can't date but when they want to be with someone, they have to get 'married'. They are heavily pressured by their parents and culture. This was also a similar thing, I saw with an Iranian girl although she wasn't Muslim.

• Seems to me you don't believe in everything Islam offers. You want to date knowing full well it's against Islam. Yes you wear a scarf but not because you want to because you think it's a identity thing. That beats the whole point of it. You also don't mind marrying a non Muslim. Again where is you supporting what you religion offers. You can marry a non Muslim if he converts yet you want to marry a atheist. Wow

• Yeah, it's a pretty "interesting" way of thinking :D I'd say marrying a muslim man is more important than wearing the hijab (I know many very serious muslima not wearing one, yet they'd never marry a non-muslim).

• i didn t say ill marry an atheist i dont mind if he's another religion

• Er whether he's another religion or atheist it doesn't matter because at the end of the day he's not a Muslim.

• No a lot of arabic girls are pretty its just that the scarf makes them think you are of limits because usually Muslim girls don't date outside of their religion

• That makes sense. Thankss. (I'm South Asian , it's okay)

• That and the cultural thing. I don't understand it and it seems very conservative. I wouldn't not date a Muslim though.

• Yup , you just need to look in different places then

• I am not really sure but maybe its because Muslim girls who wear scarves are known to be modest. Maybe too modest to their liking. And here in America people like to sleep around some. Or maybe as harsh as this sound it is because Americans aren't very educated about Islam. There are a lot of idiots who assume that all Muslims and Seek people are terrorists. Kind of like how some people assume that people who are mexican ride donkeys or that they keep their green card in their shoe (which by the way this prejudice happened to me).

• There is a correlation between hijabs and western discrimination. I'm not saying that white guys actively discriminate against you, but they are definitely seen as a negative thing in western culture, primarily because us Americans are ignorant sons of bitches and stereotype the middle east, and also because there is a preference of white girls and white skin over brown skin (although there are white muslims).

• One of the principles of Islam is that a woman follows her husband and respects his word. That must meany why marrying a Muslim is so important to Muslim girls.

You can loose the scarf and become a Muslim who discard particular traditions in order to date. Or you can leave it on and look for a Muslim husband trough matchmaking.

• I don't wear a scarf npbut that's not cuz I wanna date so ur point is invalid. Whether she weaves a scarf or not what matters is she understands dusting isn't allowed in Islam

• Um...isn't that the whole point of wearing a scarf? So you don't draw attention to yourself and so people don't approach you? I was raised in a Muslim household...I have a "white" boyfriend...but then again..I don't wear a scarf...

• I've been approached by African American and Hispanic guys thou. Just not white. Don't have to rub it in lol

• No I live in a mostly white area lol thats the weird part. And they aren't Muslim, just know some.

• Oh...I see...maybe try approaching them if you are interested? From what they've heard about Islam...maybe they know Muslim girls are off limits?

• Most white guys aren't Muslim. Besides it shouldn't matter unless you plan on dating outside the religion.

• Why is everyone obsessed with white guys lol

• Are you looking to date or something?

• Haha yup.

• Chocolateismylover, it says the girl is under 18, obviously she's a little rebellious and a little slow. It's pointless explaining stuff to her. She's obviously not understanding that she's wearing a piece of cloth that describes and portrays her religious. But she wants to do non religious things and expect guys to be psychic about that and approach her.
      Anonymous girl, give up your religion because it's not doing you and good. If your family knew what u did, I guarantee you would be a disgrace to them. Smh.

• @ Caramalkisses23 Nicely put but giving up her religion is too drastic. She should just study it further.

• TAKE OFF THE SCARF IF you're TRYING TO DATE!!! Muslims aren't allowed to date so when guys see the scarf they automatically assume there is no chance. I'm not one to judge but you're not representing your religion in a good way, in my opinion.

• I have seen very attractive Muslim girls but I think most guys don't date them because aren't most of them not allowed to date outside of there race so they keep there distance.

• oh no we're allowed to with other races, just not guys who aren't Muslim

• As a muslim I know for a fact that dating is not allowed. And having very religious muslim family members, the ones who wear the scarves are more strict. So like i said, if you're dating, if it's not a secret to your friends, it's most certainly a secret. To your family. But whatever... To each it's own. But the scarf is supposed to be used to show modesty. Dating in the muslim culture does not represent modesty so your better off taking off the scarf if you're trying to find a white guy to approach you.

• I agree with Caramalkisses23.