Would your family care if you dated outside your race?

...and are they ok with some races and some not

what "race" are you?

just asking because im white and my family does not want be to date another race..its never been an issue since I've never been attracted to anyone else..but i still think its kinda prejudice of them to be so adamant

Most Helpful Guy

• no. as long i'm dating women (who are worth dating) they are and will remain cool

What Guys Said 22

• I dating out of my race, I'm white and my girl is Puerto Rican. My parents love her, but they're also old as shit and a little ignorant. My dad is more regular ignorant and my mom is ignorant, but means well. She's a little crazy and just says inappropriate shit, haha. She told a supermarket cashier that her facial piercings make her look like an African savage. So glad I wasn't there, I would have died. And the reason I know is because she told me, as if she did this girl a favor. Yikes. Elderly people are a trip. But anyway, I don't think they love it in theory, but they seem to have no problem with it in reality.

• No, they don't care. And if they did I'd laugh and tell them to f*ck off. I don't tolerate that kinda crap, and if that makes me look disrespectful toward my parents then so be it.

• I'm Caucasian and my parents have no say over anything that I do in my life and that's the way it should be.

• Im middle eastern and my family has never been keen on me dating period. I do not think it has anything to do with race as much as the act of dating. However if it came down to marriage my family would not be keen on marrying anyone outside of my ethnicity. Its more tradition than anything else.

• Hmmm, I don't think my dad would care, he'd probably just be surprised. As far as people in my extended family, there's a few that would have that dafuq look on their face especially one of my uncles.
    I'm black of course.

• I think there are some family members that might be uncomfortable with some races if I dated one but they would never say anything about it. They would just say, if you are happy, then I am happy.

• Nah i can be with anyone. My dad would just basically be on the sideline cheering for meh xD

• My mom would not care but my dad would probably complain. I usually go for white girls so it has never really come up.

• My family wouldn't care

• My family used to be ok with it, until I married an African girl and once she got her visa sge dissapeared. They can't understand that I prefer black girls and they can't all be bad

• I'm mixed so i'm dating outside of my race regardless. i do come across so many disapproving parents though due to my skin color but my hair texture throw them off a lot ah..i love being mixed ^_^

• My parents wouldn't care about that at all.

You can see what color I am from my picture.

• My parents and brothers wouldn't care.. My grandma would call her the n word or whatever she is as soon as she was gone

• My mom actually told me to get a beautiful blonde girl with blue eyes and I'm not white

• wowow now thats diffrent.

• No, but I only like white girls so...

• what are you

• Well, you know the captive breeding program was only started 10 years ago, but we've had a lot of success. 5 years ago we set up the Ryan Reynolds Foundation to raise funds for the word. We'd love your support :)

• maybe if their parents dress like ghost and like to have big bonfires in the mountains

• I'm white and of course my Family wouldn't care. That's stupid if they do

• I was in a 3 year relationship with a mixed race girl, and I think my parents had something against it. I don't think it's because they're racist, I think it's because since they are part of a much older generation, they weren't up for something so dramatic.

I'm dating a Caucasian now, and it's likely they'll be happy about it.

• I am white and my parents never cared about the race me or my brothers dated.

• My close family as in parents such? They would care and so do I.

• what race are you

• its just for imformational reasons..i asked everyone

• I would even go as far as saying Of course they care! What kind of parents would I have if they didn't?

• I'm mixed White and Asian . My grandparents on my Asian side (particularly my grandmother) want me to marry a Chinese girl. Other than that, nobody cares who I date.

• In 1970 if I were alive, they would have cared. But now that it's 2014, none of them would care. We are just a very traditional family about stuff.

• It does seem that way not doesn't it?

• Ahh!

It does seen that way now doesn't it?

• And you downvoted me why? I said my parents and family wouldn't care if I did, but back in the day they would have.

What Girls Said 26

• My step dad had a thing against white guys because "they enslaved, raped and murdered us in the olden days". I was like: "its the 21st century. Stop holding grudges". As far as my mother goes: She just wants a handsome son in law :)...as long as I'm happy. I don't give a hoot about race. Stereotypes are so foolish. I hate them even if they're trending.

• I'm Hispanic though I look white (dk blonde hair, green eyes, fair skin). My parents only approve of my marrying white or Hispanic and of those Hispanics, those that are lighter skinned. Especially my mother. I think she would go ape-sh-t if I dated anyone else.

• I'm white, and no my family wouldn't be bothered if any of us dated outside our race.

• I'm Indian and yes they care a lot especially my dad. There are few exceptions if I want to date outside my race. They are okay with Chinese and some other Asians .

• my mother didn't care..

• I am married to a white guy, and I know if I ever married another race my mother wouldn't care but I think my dad would. My sister dated an East Indian for a bit and he wasn't too thrilled. I have heard him talk about other races as well and it's not always nice

• No, my family is pretty multicultural in general. They would probably mind if my partner was Tamil or muslim because of silly conflicts in my country of origin (Sri Lanka) but they'd get over it pretty easily.

I'm currently in a relationship with a white dude and nobody cares.

• I don't do dates it's against my religious beliefs so they wouldn't have anything to be worried about

• I'm white and my father is old and southern so yeah it bothers him a little that I'm interested in someone who isn't white (he's Asian .) But he knows better than to say anything about it. When I was younger he would tell me not to bring home a black guy or a latino guy but I chewed him out for it recently and now he just keeps his mouth shut. He's a little stuck in Alabama in the 70s lol but he's getting a lot better about it.
    My mom doesn't care nor does my brother.

• my dad always encouraged me to make such decisions for myself. he supported what i chose. my mom wanted me to be with a caucasian because they look and act better in her opinion. i didn't care and proceeded to only date japanese.

• lol no. I'm a Latina and I've mainly dated white dudes 1 Mexican and 1 Chinese guy. Oh and my sister's boyfriend is black

• My mom would probably lose her shit if I dated outside my race. She is very closed-minded. My dad wouldn't care though.

• I am white. Some would some would not and it depended on the race. But I don`t care what anyone thinks I will date who I want.

• I'm white and my step dad threw a fit when he found out my man was half black. Oh fucking well!

• As long as I don't date a black guy...

They highly prefer if I date an Asian guy.

I'm currently with a Caucasian guy. They have accepted that.

• Yeah my parents would care. They prefer me to date Hispanic, Caucasian, or Asian . All others they would disapprove off but won't tell me anything.

• No, they wouldn't care.

• My dad's side of the family would care but not my mom's side of the family.

• Yeah, the muslim side of my family is very disapproving of my decision to date another white guy.

• absolutely not! :) they are the best

• I don't discriminate, but my grandparents probably would.

• My family wouldn't care about the race of the person I date.

• Than why not date meh? Ur naughty eyes with ma crazy hair...what more can u ask for =3

• Oh cmon, juz at least im also a religious person is all it needs to meet ur requirement >=|

• Lol awww u naughty layla! Im going to go cry a thousand tears of river in my room T-T

• I think they are fine as long as he isbgood to me

• They wouldn't care if he's Asian or black or whatever , but they would care if he is not muslim

• Yes they would. They have done it with every single one of my siblings. They find something wrong with every single one of them, its crazy. I haven't brought anyone home since I have never dated but I feel like if I do it'll be WWlll lol. Because honestly I'm not going to care what they say or think, its my decision and if that guy makes be happy I won't care about anything else. It would be nice that he would be accepted in my family but if he isn't it's their problem not mine.

• I look "white" but I'm 1/2 Irish, 1/4 dene yah and maybe some Cree and 1/4 Scandinavian (mostly Danish and possibly Norwegian)

No my parents don't care. My moms boyfriend is somewhat racist but his opinion doesn't really matter to me. I date who I want.

• Dene t-h-a not yah auto correct ):