What would you do if your S/O said you were "plain"?

What would you do if your significant other said you were "plain" but they still really loved you and wouldn't want you any other way? Would you be angry at them? They didn't say you were unattractive or ugly, they just said "plain," as in, you are nothing extraordinary or have any amazing features about you, what would you do? We were talking about this in class today and I was just wondering what people would do.

I don't know how I would react. I feel like I would probably be angry but then again, if they said they loved me and wouldn't change me, I'm not sure. I don't know. I feel like I would want my S/O to think I'm the most gorgeous thing ever.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't expect anyone to find me extraordinary, and I don't think that that's what love is about. I love someone for all the things that make them who they are but if you line him up with ecru other guy out there he's not the most beautiful, most successful, anything. I don't think being the best is the point. Being the best is impossible anyway.
    But for someone to tell you that you're plain and that there's really nothing special about you, that's just. .. For one it's rude even if it's what they really think. But also I don't see how you could think there's nothing special about your SO. If there's nothing special about them then why are you in love with them?

What Guys Said 3

• I'd say 'So if you stared at that wall long enough you'd fall in love with that too?'

• Im guessing all men would get butt hurt and leave. I mean we secretly want our S/O's to worship us and become our personal whore.

• I would just look at her and say if I'm plan then I guess you don't no me that well do you

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think I'd mind. I am plain haha.

It's weird but I don't like when guys give me exaggerated compliments like "You're the most beautiful girl in the world." I feel much better and more comfortable with the truth.

• Even if they tell me they wouldn't have me any other way.. I'd tell them to fck themselves.. I dress "plain" most of the time.. BUT I AM NOT PLAIN.. and no motherfcker is going to tell me otherwise. Fck that..

• i wouldn't be angry, but would probably end it because fuck, you'd have to be pretty stupid not to sing praises about anyone who is letting you fuck them. i don't really care about my looks-but i do care if the person i'm with is stupid.