Too much of an age gap?

So here's the thing, I've always dated people my age or up to four years older than me. But, there is a guy at work I've been talking with, and I really kind of like. I was thinking he was 18 like me, but as I started asking him about where he is going to school in the fall he named a high school, he's only 16 :/ He is just as mature as my friends my age, and had he been my age I could easily say my dream guy. I don't think two years is a big gap at all, its more the fact that there is a lot of maturity and changes between 16 and 18. So I was wondering what you all think about it. (guys and girls) could it work? Do you think it would be too awkward? Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• everybody matures at a different rate. usually it is older guys with younger girls because usually girls mature faster than guys, but that's just averages and of course there are exceptions all the time. I think you have a chance to be very happy together so don't let this be a big issue and just have fun and see where things go. good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• the biggest problem is not the age gap.

it's that he is your dream guy and you guys haven't even dated yet...

• Aha okay, perhaps that makes me sound obsessive, I guess I mean he seems to be someone that I would be happy with. Its sort of hard to explain..

What Girls Said 2

• No it wouldn't be awkward! My mom is older than my dad by a couple of years and Susan Surandon is older than her boyfriend by 12 years.

• I don't think its the year gap, because I've dated someone four years older and it was no big deal, I guess its that you always see older guys with younger girls, but never the other way around.

• That's ok, it's only a 2 year gap.