Girls would you ever give a guy who is close with his family a chance?

So I'm very close with my family. I love them and when we almost lost my baby sister (19) last year I realized it even more.

I'm not obsessed with them and I'd plan for time with my girlfriend but major holidays etc are family time for me ( my girl would be very welcome). I'll go running or working out with my sis because she is my world and I love her but I make room for a girlfriend.

I'm just asking because my ex hated me being so close to them and she always antagonized my family and treated them badly in a way I had to end it with her.

Do you think there's a girl who would be willing to accept me?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on whether you still provide time and care to the girl. My ex--boyfriend was very close with his family as well - he would not even leave his sister at home alone (she was 16), so there were many times when we had to bring her together when we were out or we simply stayed at his place so he could "watch" his sister. Most of the times I would not mind about that because I would not want anything bad happened to a young girl as well, and his sister was not being all "possessive" of my ex-boyfriend. I was not really "friends" with his sister but we would talk and joke when we met. The one time I did have a problem with what he did for his sister was when he wanted to buy her something unnecessary while he didn't even have that money. He became upset and thought that I had a problem with him "being nice to his sister". That was the time I became very angry because I had been nice to his family (especially his sister) the whole time (I attended their family events, I spent holidays with them, I got them gifts on their birthdays and special occasions etc.) and he made me sounded like the worst person ever for this one thing and it wasn't even my fault. He did apologize afterwards saying he thought I didn't want him to be nice to his sister. I guess the main thing is that you need to make the girl feel appreciated and wanted even when your family is your priority, and that you are not going to just automatically side with your family when problems come out without even hearing her feelings and thoughts.
    I would be fine with what you said you would do with your family. The only thing that I am not sure about would be that you said your sister is your world. That would be a bit too much for me because I have a sister and I love her so much too. I would not want anything bad to happen on her, but she would not be my "world". That might be a bit difficult for many girls to deal with because then she's always going to feel like the "third person".

• She's my world as in I couldn't imagine being without her ( and I almost woulda had to) but not in a totally obsessive way. It just means there are more people than my girlfriend I would love but since it's not the same love in my opinion there's enough to go around

What Girls Said 14

• Girls would you ever give a guy who is close with his family a chance?
    I don't give chances. If he fits my other requirements on looks and wealth then yes I'll date him. I don't care if he's close to his family if anything it may mean less of a hassle for me as he may have a support network if in my opinion he becomes deluded thinking he's capable of romantic feelings and I dump him.

I find for everything there's a gal willing to accept it. Whether you'll desire such a gal is another matter.

• That a great thing. Im also very family orientated. My parents and my sisters are so important to me. But I do like time with the guy I date so as long as he makes time for me as I will for him. Plus if anything if family important I would ask to join or if he can join.
    So their are many girls that would love that and are like that too.
    My ex would make fun of me because I would always wanna be close to my family my parents even more so. And would get told I can't be like that and would need to move but it not true yoy can have what you want and fin someone that feels or at least respects how you feel.

• Of course there's..a lot of women love when a man is close and caring to their families, it's show how ready you are to raise and care for a family of your own..but you need to understand when it's family time and loving time...because one can't be more than the other..well maybe..the lover should be more because you're dedicating the rest of your lives together..

• It would be very important for me for a guy to be close to his family. I am very close to my family and it is part if my culture to be attached to the family.
    As long as it doesn't interfere in our relationship it will be fine. I would even like to get close to his family too.

• I'd love to date someone who is close with their family.
    I am very close with mine also and it would be nice to have that in common.

• Spending holidays with the guy's family sounds awesome actually. If he is a good partner I definitely would treat his good relations with his family as nothing but a big, awesome bonus :)

• I think it is a very good thing that you are close to your family.

• I sure would.

Now if you are EXTRA close with your mom, probably not.

• Yes i very close with my family they are all i have and that a plus in my book i want to guy that love his family and respect his mom to the moon and back

• Yes. It tells me a lot about him.

• Of course i would , that would make me so happy , and i love guys that are close to their family , it 100000000000000 plus for me ,

• It's a plus.

• Actually there's tons that would , but there are tons of women who hate that. I for one isn't oppose to that, every Friday the women in my family get together cook drink share stories and play poker, not every Friday i go but most Fridays yes. And no matter what it continues.

• I think it's great if a guy loves his family! No harm in that :)

What Guys Said 0