What is up with Tinder? I get a surprising amount of mutual likes but nobody ever responds?

So I get a surprising amount of mutual likes. Most I don't do anything about. Needless to say the girls don't make the effort to send a message. However, there were a small few I sent messages to. Just things like," Hey. How's it going?" I've never gotten a response. It's so odd. Is this normal for Tinder?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know a lot of girls who only use it to see how many matches they will get and not to chat we guys. I had tinder. I answered everyone who wrote to me (except for the creeps). I ended deleting my profile because it wasn't really for me. The guys I had a match with only wanted to hook up, but I did meet one guy who is nice.

• I see. So it's pointless like all other online dating? I never send messages like that and I'm looking for a relationship. I'd just send simple greetings that were never replied. It's annoying. I think I'll delete mine too.

• People say this a lot, but I'm not patient. Like you say, girls rarely approach so I feel like if I just sit back and wait then nothing will happen. After all, no girl has ever approached me in my life. But you're right. I'm getting so aggravated by all of the games, deceptions, lies, etc. that I think it's starting to make me resentful. I should take a break for a while.

• Try to do that otherwise try to approach girls with a little laid back attitude. If you approach her like someone who wants a relationship right now some girls might get a bit creeped out. Hope it works out for you :)

What Girls Said 3

• My friends on Tinder use it as a confidence boost. Like... "XYZ guy thinks I'm hot, I think he's hot too." But it doesn't go further than that.

• What is the point of that? -.- I think I just need to take a step back from girls. This is getting so frustrating and ridiculous.

• It seems like the healthy and normal people of each sex can't find each other and everyone just ends up disappointed. My problem is I'm at the point in my life where I want a girl more than anything and I just keep bumping into people who aren't good for me.

• The situation sucks...but such is life. I don't know why it's like that, nothing happens easily.

• That's normal for tinder.
    Some people just use it to matches and get an ego boost, and not use it for talking and stuff.

• Is what I'm saying wrong?

• I see, its not for everyone.
      I guess you're just getting matched up with some unfriendly girls

• Haha! That sounds about right for me. I tried Okcupid for a little while, but the only people who would talk to me were the gay guys.

• I think that's how it is for guys on most dating sites

What Guys Said 4

• Most girls use dating sites and such for attention and don't care about meeting people. It's childish but that's the way it is.

• I hardly use this program.. I installed it but it's a waste of time.. the first message I got was from a spam bot..

• You're hot so everyone is shy!

• I had quite a bit of success on Tinder, and one thing I can tell you for sure is that I made first contact almost always. Of the messages that I sent out, I'd say that I got a response for every 4 or 5 that I sent. Once I got a reply I had a pretty good success rate to get a date. But, note that I live on a college campus and have a seemingly endless number of attractive coeds to swipe through. It's really just a numbers game.

• I live somewhat near to one of the largest campuses in the US and the people on there are all young. I've initiated the contact with several people -- about 5, I think -- and none of them responded. I just don't really want to continue with this site if I'm going to go fishing for flakes.

• I'd suggest to give it more of a chance than just 5 people. If you stick it out you'll kill it on campus. It took me a while to get going too, but once the messages start flowing in, it's pretty addicting.