how do i stop looking for the one?

i have become obessed with looking for the one and i know they say that if i stop looking for her and like they say she'll eventually show up, and well i just want to go out have fun, meet women and so on and so forth.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been there recently. The last serious relationship I was in was around 4 years ago and in these four years I had a phase where I used to put so much pressure on myself on finding the one. I felt like I was getting old and soon I won't look as good anymore and I will never find the one. So I started checking out every guy, I was flirting like there's no tomorrow and meeting guys seeing which one fits me best but after a while I started to feel bad because I felt like I was using them and obviously I can't force love or someone to be the one when he's just not. What also made me feel pressured was that it said online that usually by the age of 16 most girls already met the guy they will marry and spend their life with but in my eyes I haven't met him back then. So then I stopped and just calmed down. I stopped going crazy over this, i stopped talking to all these guys, stopped flirting and just minded some other business of mine with the thought that one day he will come by, it just takes time and patience. And I was right! I met him 2 years ago but back then I didn't know he's the one yet. Only recently we started seeing each other more and kind of dating and in my eyes he's the one. And we met totally unexpectedly. So slow down, stop pressuring yourself, go out with friends and just meet girls without the thought maybe she's the one. Just have fun and trust me, she will come by sooner or later :)

• thanks i will follow that advice and no offence is that picture of you real?

What Girls Said 5

• I had this problem about 2 years ago. I just had gotten out of a serious relationship; so I found my self yearning that "half of a whole" feeling. It started to become pathetic, so I honestly just had to keep myself busy all the time. I did things that just took up my time; ex: boxing, swimming, gym, extra work, homework; and it really took my mind off of a lot of things. Keeping yourself busy is the best way to forget about a certain doubtful feeling. I hope this works for you.

• this is a good opinion.
      But according to your status your In a relationship so meaning to say this guy is "the one"?

• I vote this for Most Helpful.:)
      very profound explanation.

• Thank you. I have a good insight on relationships. I've been through a lot.

• Stay busy. That keeps your mind of of finding love and let's it happen naturally without even realizing it.

• Just trust God and not worry.

• I have no clue. Im in that phase too.

• Its easy

Stop

What Guys Said 1

• I hate it when they say to us guys to stop looking since after all, us guys are still expected to do the approaching, initiating