Why didn't he text back? He isn't interested?

There's this guy that works in my professional building. He knew I thought he was cute but I thought maybe he wasn't interested an quit talking to him when I saw him. He asked my friend why I don't talk to him anymore and then confronted me. So we got cool again and I gave him my number to contact me. He texted and when I responded (with a question) he never replied. Why is this? I mean is he interested or not? Why didn't he just leave me alone the first time then instead of confronting me? Then not respond to my text?

Most Helpful Guy

• What did you ask in the text?

• If he went to work

• He probably didn't respond because thats a seemingly basic & irrelevant question. just because you took a vacation doesn't mean he did. he's probably thinking "of course i went to work, why wouldn't I?" how is he supposed to respond to that, like..."yes, i did." lol ask questions that are more conversational maybe. At your age don't text people useless conversation (talking just to talk).

• thanks for additional support tigress :)

What Guys Said 1

• What was the question you asked

• I asked him if he went to work (i was on vacation that day )

• Well I take it he isn't interested..cuz that was just rude. Unless he wanted me to have an reaction by it and confront him. But I'm go with option a cuz it's safer.

• Not alwayz a good thing too play it safe

What Girls Said 4

• what kind of question did you ask? Was it a normal question or was it a loaded, off-putting question? Maybe he looked at the text but was busy and thought he had replied to it or maybe he saw it but was in the middle of something and forgot to respond to you all together. It happens to us all - common mistake. Secondly, although he may know that you find him attractive and speaks to you, that doesn't mean that he feels the same way. maybe he just sees you as a workplace friend. Some people don't have interest in building romantic relationships with people they work with, its not smart move... employee romantic relationships are complicated, changes the workplace environment and places their job/position at risk. Just because he talked to you doesn't mean he is interested in the same way you are. Chill out and let things naturally flow. and stop jumping to conclusions just because he didn't respond to one text message. You guys are grown, and some people just dont have the time or energy to text talk all day.

• Well, it seems like he likes you but then again he might just like you and not want to pursue a relationship. Men are go getters and if there is a women that he wants he will go after her.
    I wouldn't say that he's playing mind games, you should take the initiative And ask him how he's feeling first (in person, since he's not the best texter) tell him how you feel. Sometimes all it takes is an extra push.

• He probably isn't interested. Don't dwell on guys like this.

• Wait a little he will prob text you