Which do you prefer: dating or being in a relationship?

I prefer dating. I just don't see the point in committing to someone when you know you're not going to marry them. I was never the girl who wanted or needed a boyfriend every month of the year. I just need that one solid guy. So when it comes to men sniff around.

• Dating
  • Relationships
Dating: casually seeing, going out w/(the literal "going out on dates") people you have a potential attraction/interest in while it is known to all parties you are single and therefore ok to explore other interests. Doesn't mean perks included
Although most assume perks like sex are included...not me...I don't get down like that.

1912

Most Helpful Girl

• Both suck. Frienships are better

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 12

• I prefer to get to know someone through hanging out, then get into a relationship with them, and then take them out on dates.

It seems strange to go about dating any other way. I mean, I would be spending a part of many paychecks to have alone time with strangers in formal-seeming, high-stakes, pseudo-romantic contexts that make everyone clam up too much to be open and genuine with eachother, and when I do find one of the dozen strangers likable, I would be faced with the question of whether I like the real them or simply the way they seemed to be when placed in an artificial environment. If someone came up to me one day and proposed this idea to me, I would reply, "And who came up with that lame ass idea?"

• Being in a relationship... I don't see the point in dating if you aren't considering something more serious.

• to me dating is a means to a relationship. so the relationship is the ultimate goal. I'm not really interested in just casual dating as I want to be with one person who I love than date a bunch of people I don't really care about deeply

• I prefer to be in a relationship, to figure out if I really like the person and want to spend the rest of my life with. I can't figure that out by just dating.

So I just date, if I find someone I really like, I'm open to having an exclusive relationship, to figure out if I really like them over time. Because people are complex and hard to get to know.

You can't just date someone a few times and figure out that you want to spend the rest of your life with them.

• Hmm that's interesting because I would think that you would date someone to figure out if you really like them. I wouldn't want to establish a relationship if I didn't know if I really liked the person. Dating isn't a few times. It's continual. Society screwed dating up.

• I do want to know someone first, but I do that before I date them... Dating isn't that common here, you are either in a relationship or you aren't unless someone specifically defines that it's a casual or open relationship.

• I fucking hate dating. It's a game of lying and manipulation anymore. I absolutely hate it. Honestly, seeing prostitutes is more honest in this day and age. I'd love to be in a relationship, but I just haven't been lucky with the women I have fallen for.

• Dating and being in a relationship are the same thing.

• Well I don't believe in dating multiple people at same time.

• ahh there you go

• FriendSHIP.. RelationSHIP... FAMILY..

• Dating works better for me at the moment

• Marriage. It is my only sure way have having a shoulder to cry on and to also have sex.

• Dating and relationships go hand in hand, one leads to the other.

I

• Being in a relationship is best.

Dating is terrible because even when it's good it's still bad.

• Dating is more interesting. I get to see a lot of potential people. Boundaries when dating are big gaps between people however and thats a challenge.

What Girls Said 18

• id rather be friends for like a year or two then if we want be in a relationship.

i dont see the point of dating. it just means they expect w/e you get in a relationship but without the trust and intimacy. thats backwards to me.

i dont see the point in dating. i see not wanting to jump into a relationship. i just dont get dating. thees too much that people expect.

i giess if people were ok dating slowly od be ok with it. but i dont think thees a lot pf patience going on. dating seems really flimsy to me.

though you didnnt anywhere define what you mean by dating or relationship , so its awkward answering this.

• I like being with just one person, but it has to be the right person. I have dated some really good guys, but I have met them at the wrong time in my life or they weren't for me, but could be perfect for someone else. I have also dated some real jerks, but who hasn't? I am fine being single for now because I don't want kids and I don't allow society to figure out my life for me.

• I get what you're saying. I think dating is fun and care free, but it doesn't compare to when you're with a guy that you DO see yourself marrying. I love being with my boyfriend right now way more than I enjoyed going on dates and what not. Dates are fun, but having my boyfriend is better.

• I hate dating. Never done it (consciously)... Sometimes it turns out that what I thought was a friendship a dude thought was a dating phase O.o

Either way, a relationship - defined and solid - great.
    Also, friendships are THE BEST.

• prefer being in a relationship

• I like dating and being single until I meet a guy that makes me want to be with only him (does not happen often).

• Sad right. Most guys I meet are mad cool til they realize I'm not trying to jump in the bed with them or I don't want to jump into a relationship. That's why I stress friendship first before moving forward. If one can't be a great friend how are they suppose to be a great significant other?

• See I'm the type who doesn't want to be with guys that are replaceable...it's like what's the point?

• Exactly my point - that's why I date and enjoy being single. When I find a dude that makes me think "woah" I will commit. Hence how I've somehow ended up with a boyfriend. lol

• Only materialistoc gold digging losers marrt. I'd rather do relationships, preferably one for life but I'm confident one needs practise before that is possible

• I prefer relationships. I think after certain age dating goes nowhere and it doesn't satisfy.

• I never saw why people "date around". I'm like you, I look for something long term.

• relationship ♡

• Being in a relationship.

• Dating sucks..

• Dating is too complicated :-)

• Dating feels like babysitting. I'm being paid to keep you entertained. I like relationships better

• Relationships

• In a relationship is less complicated

• This is almost the same thing. You still go on dates when you're in a relationship...

• But there is an established agreement that you are officially together so it's not. Two people could be dating each other but without that agreement it is considered ok to see other people. Guys do this a lot. It's the whole dodging the "title" bit

• It takes years to get to truly know someone. So you'd keep "dating" as you go, keeping ones you think might be eligible until you eventually feel like you can choose one? It sounds more like fear of commitment to me...

• Not at all I think the best relationships come from a lot of time together before commitment. I don't think people deserve commitment automatically because you gave a few good months. That's what makes the commitment so worth while

• Vote B, i still prefer to be in r/s