How do you want someone to act on your first date?

Ok, so i'm slightly nervous about an upcoming date so i'm going a bit over the top worrying... I've had dates before obviously, but it's been over two years since my last one that I have lost confidence.

I guess I just want the basic boxes you would want ticked for a second date to be viable. I'm sure it'll be pretty obvious stuff, but I feel like reassurance would be good for me!

Oh and does it make a difference if i've known her for years? It's not exactly a first impressions thing, as for confidence that'll be hit and miss for me... My confidence sucks due to social anxiety I can't really BS it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd want a guy to act confident, friendly, and charming. Those seem very idealistic I know, but if you even come close, a girl will be impressed. Don't try to get too heavy or do too much to show off. First dates are mainly about feeling enough attraction and intrigue that you'd want a second date.

What Girls Said 4

• just be yourself. since you've known her for a long time, that should help you feel a little more comfortable. (she obviously wouldn't agree to a date with you unless she actually liked you & wanted to know you better!) :)

so just try to relax. ask her things about herself (things u don't already know and are curious about, without getting too heavy). be genuine. share some things about yourself (without 'oversharing') too.

and always have good manners & etiquette. (opening doors, having table manners, etc)... just treat her like a lady. and be open to fun... whatever ur both in the mood for. just go with the flow.

• Just don't overthink it... Act like yourself and keep the conversation flowing. Steer clever of intense topics and any jokes that might not go over well. Just be calm and collected and you will be fine!

• I would want the person to be funny and not nervous. I can be pretty funny at times too. Its saved me quite a few times.

• Casual! Just be himself, be confident and chill out. Hopefully conversation flows.

What Guys Said 3

• I would want her to be herself. I know that on a first date we're usually meeting the person's representative but I'd want the girl to be as comfortable as possible. If our personalities are compatible that's just awesome.

• be yourself, if silence occurs , and there is nothing to talk about , would laugh. just stay calm

• It's been said that 98% of first dates are awkward.