Dating why do girls date ugly guys?

Why do pretty girls date ugly guys?
Or hot guys date ugly girls?
I always wondered this!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Beauty is subjective. What you may find ugly, another person may find beautiful. Regardless, many people don't date others based solely on appearances. A great personality can make someone appear much more attractive.

What Guys Said 6

• one persons garbage is another persons treasure. plus some people just need to fuck so bad they dont care were they get it. i dont understand that one.

• Maybe the "hotter" person finds the other attractive?

• Really cool people. People that are charismatic, always nice, always fun, always in a good mood. These people don't need to rely on looks.

• Because he can talk to them even while being ugly because he just doesn't give a fuck.

• they do not date ugly guys. I wish they did because then I would be set

• Well ugly guys are actually attractive to girls.

As for guys, it's a low hanging fruit sort of deal/

What Girls Said 14

• Because they aren't shallow?

Also... I want the whole package I want to the guy I'm with to be good looking and have a good personality but some girls look beyond appearance and will date a guy who has what they're looking for heart wise.

So the answer to your question is: They aren't shallow. lol

• Before I start my rant about personality, it could be because the "ugly" person is either popular, rich, wanted, ... Or it's because someone's personality can make them more attractive. I once met a guy, not my type at all and all of my girlfriends told me I deserve someone better looking. I agreed with them, however I hung out with him and got to know him. I started to fall for him and he was the guy I actually loved. Now I know some pretty, beautiful people, but once I got to know some of them, their personality made them look awful.
    It's nice to have a partner who looks good, but if you get to know someone, their beauty can shine through :)
    (yes, I know how corny this sounds)

• When it comes to attractive guys dating unattractive girls, I think some girls know how to put themselves together in order to appeal to guys, even if they're not conventionally pretty. From what I've seen, a girl with a below average face who has a tan, a nice body, and nice hair can get an attractive guy. Maybe it's because these things are distracting?
    In terms of attractive girls dating unattractive guys, it comes down to the fact that men are more visual than women. So, women are more likely to be attracted to a guy because of factors like personality, social status, talents, etc.
    Additionally, enough confidence can make an individual appear more attractive, because if someone acts like they're the sh*t, people are just going to go ahead and assume it's warranted.

• It's more than just what meets the eye, someone may become the most beautiful person on earth after you truly get to know them. :)

• Beauty is subjective. Unless you were born with the Down syndrome, got badly burned resulting in a severe facial disfigurment, weigh more than your car and your favorite pieces of garment are your crocs and a Justin Bieber T-shirt, you can't be universally ugly, because the only traits that humans find unattractive by default (the few fetishists' existence notwithstanding) are the ones that indicate that the person is definitely ill, thus their genes in your offspring are seen as undesirable. Now things like crooked teeth or paleness of skin may be seen as unattractive in some societies, but to others they may be anything from mild inconvenience to fetish fuel. These are really not important and more of an aesthetic element than anything else. For instance, my friend has a thing for pale, squeamish, lanky, skinny-fat nerds, while I love what you could easily call short twigs with unkempt hair and a stubble. Some may think they're not particularly attractive, but to hell with it, you're turned on by what you're turned on and that's that. When there are no visually obvious medical issues, everything else is just down to your preferences.

• People have different preferences. There have been times when I was insanely attracted to a guy, and I hear later on from friends/family how ugly he was... Looking at them now, yeah they were not the best looking... But I was just crazy attracted to them. Physically, too. Not just mentally and emotionally. And no, it wasn't cause of money or anything like that.

Other times it could be a money/status thing, but someone might just find someone attractive even though you don't.

• Because they're not shallow... or they're Gold diggers. Lol

• Shallow as u ofcourse!

• Stop stalking me by the way, Key

• Why are u so stingy to meh =x

• I value others more than their looks and i always find their unique charms from their looks too so I've never thought that they are ugly but other people said otherwise :) i always like a person who is confident, intelligent, and generous and has a sense of humour... Have a very weaker spot for a guy who cares about me a lot regardless of their looks :)

• Because I am searching beautiful soul.

• Its about money or great sex chemistry

• well it's dating, not picking out a rug. it's not all about looks.

• Who's to say that that person is ugly?
    It's not all about the physical and in their eyes that person could be the most attractive woman or man ever

• Maybe their not shallow. An love the persons heart

• Looks are not everything